Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia Empty
PostSubject: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

It seems that the answer to anything can be found on Google, so I wonder if anyone can come up with a Doctor Who trivia question where you CAN'T just type the keywords into Google and come up with the answer? I failed in my first three attempts:

What type of fruit does the fruitstand lady in "Greatest Show in the Galaxy" sell? (the answer is "Plaup")

What nickname did the production crew give to the dinosaur in "The Silurians"? (the answer is Bertram the Friendly Dinosaur)

From the comics: Which of the Freefall Warriors never speaks? (the answer is Cool Breeze)
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Okay, I'll give this a try. I couldn't find the answer on Google without using the answer in the search. I gave myself a 5-minute search time limit, so it's probably there somewhere. Anyways...

The Doctor has a legitimate medical degree. What is it in, whom did he get it from, and in what year?
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

You have to scroll down a bit to find the answer, but it's here:
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/4-6.htm
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm

To rdks and anyone else attempting this: I wonder if the problem with these questions is that they are actually too specific? Maybe if the question is "broad" or "vague" in some way, there are fewer or fuzzier keywords that Google can latch on to. I'm not even sure what type of question this would be -- I'm just thinking out loud -- but it seems like the more specific the keywords are in the question, the easier it is for Google to find.

Aside from these points about the syntax of how the question is worded, can you think of any piece of Doctor Who trivia that you can't find at all on the internet, no matter how hard you try?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, i tried which cyberman has a soul.....and the 4th one down says Kroton...
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks to my own trivia challenge, I found the answer to something I've wondered about for the past 25 years or so. Thanks, Happydalek! I came across this webpage that has lots of great info about music used in the show:

http://www.millenniumeffect.co.uk/

I found the lyrics to "Doctor?" by Blood Donor. The whole thing was in indecipherable gibberish to me... until today! Just for fun, here are the actual lyrics, followed by what I thought they were singing. My interpretation of the lyrics makes no sense at all in many cases, but it's as best as I could make out.

I had a strange dream (I had a strange dream)
Who knows what it means (Who knows what it should mean)
I walked on moonbeams (I hoped a new meaning)
With Doctor Who (With Doctor Who)

Everyone was fighting (Everyone was quiet it seemed)
Thunder and lightning (Somewhere and naturally)
It was so exciting (It was so exciting)
With Doctor Who (With Doctor Who)

Planet Earth was crimson (Love is fine on a good sun)
Oceans were running wild (Out of the chance of running wild)
Our days were numbered (Out on a daze with a blind look)
'Til Doctor Who heard our cry (To Doctor Who, heart of time)

Suddenly his time machine
Dropped down from the sky
With his long scarf and K9 friend
It's Doctor Who, It's Doctor Who, It's Doctor Who

He took one look around him
He said "This is no joke --
I'll neutralize their weapons
Before the world goes up in smoke" (I actually got all of that right!)

- repeat first verse
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 am

All righty then. Here's 10 for you.

Across every medium (TV, books, comics, etc.), how many authorized adventures has the First Doctor had?

How many episodes have we seen the interior of the Tardis?

How many episodes didn't show the Tardis appearing or disappearing?

How many episodes has the female companion inadvertently show her knickers?

When was the first time the Doctor and a female went to another planet?

Which episode featured the most Daleks shown on-screen?

How many weddings have been seen on the show?

Which episode was the first to have the female companion being captured & sacrificed?

Which episode was the last to have the female companion being captured & sacrificed?

Which episode is the first to contain the word "Rassilon"?

happydalek wrote:
Aside from these points about the syntax of how the question is worded, can you think of any piece of Doctor Who trivia that you can't find at all on the internet, no matter how hard you try?
No.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Quote :
can you think of any piece of Doctor Who trivia that you can't find at all on the internet, no matter how hard you try?

In "Terror of the Autons," what is the license plate number on the Master's horsebox TARDIS?
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia   UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

The answer is in plain sight about halfway through episode two, when the Doctor and Jo sneak up on it and the Doctor breaks in.
Back to top Go down

UnGoogleable Doctor Who Trivia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: