5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 am

I know some here worship the ground that Matt Smith walks on, and others don't care for him at all. My opinion of him jump up several thousand times when I see him give up his Christmas Eve for this. Wow.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/community/doctor_who_star_makes_christmas_dream_come_true_for_inspirational_alfe_1_2216349
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Awww the little kid is cute. I like actors who do stuff like that! Good on him!

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Aww nice. Smile Matt is so sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I never had a problem with Matt Smith. From what I saw, he always seemed to be a good guy, so I made up my mind to try my best to appreciate his interpretation of the Doctor. So far, I haven't been let down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

This is random and quasi-Matt related... but I noticed this on the LJ comms...

What is up with dissing the stetson? Maybe it's just a silly girl thing that I still like cowboys and love the hats... but honestly, why diss the stetson? The fez looked silly on Matt but the stetson, that's kind of attractive...

It's not like the Doctor donned a 10-gal hat (hee love it when John Wayne did it though)... that I could see people dissing.

This is one of those instances where I do want to say that stetsons ARE cool... but not just because the Doctor wears it. Rolling Eyes
~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:12 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

What is up with dissing the stetson? Maybe it's just a silly girl thing that I still like cowboys and love the hats... but honestly, why diss the stetson? The fez looked silly on Matt but the stetson, that's kind of attractive...

It's not like the Doctor donned a 10-gal hat (hee love it when John Wayne did it though)... that I could see people dissing.

This is one of those instances where I do want to say that stetsons ARE cool... but not just because the Doctor wears it. Rolling Eyes
~

Oh I agree, Stetsons are waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than the Fez From the first time I saw that scene I just didn't think he looked right in a Fez. I mean, it's not that I don't like the Fez it's just that I don't think it suits Smith.

Anyway! Good on him for making their Christmas a one to remember! That's really cool of him. Oh, and by the way, when they were in the bedroom did I spy an 11 Doctors set? HA! Take that CO, kids like classics too! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Oh I agree, Stetsons are waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than the Fez From the first time I saw that scene I just didn't think he looked right in a Fez. I mean, it's not that I don't like the Fez it's just that I don't think it suits Smith.

Anyway! Good on him for making their Christmas a one to remember! That's really cool of him. Oh, and by the way, when they were in the bedroom did I spy an 11 Doctors set? HA! Take that CO, kids like classics too! Razz

Much as I appreciate a good Stetson, I'm more of a Minnetoka man. Cool
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Yes but if you wore a Minetonka on your head you'd look a tad odd. Laughing
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Scarywood wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

They make hats as well. I've been wearing one for close to 15 years now.

Matt Smith 048_1a10

Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I never had a problem with Matt Smith. From what I saw, he always seemed to be a good guy, so I made up my mind to try my best to appreciate his interpretation of the Doctor. So far, I haven't been let down.

Same here. Each re-generation brings a new interpretation. I know I was thrown when Tom was succeeded by Peter, when I saw Tom replace Jon, &c., but now I just sit back & enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 pm

As for M. Smith going out of his way to be with Alfe, I'm not surprised. From what I've seen of him outside of his role (granted its not a ton, but still...) he seems like a decent guy who just simply cares.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:44 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Matt Smith 048_1a10

My bad, when I searched it on Google Images it only came up with the boots. Laughing
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Scarywood wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Matt Smith 048_1a10

My bad, when I searched it on Google Images it only came up with the boots. Laughing

No worries, eh? They are better known for moccasins & boots than their hats, but their hats are just simply excellent. I'm particular about my headwear. geek
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
As for M. Smith going out of his way to be with Alfe, I'm not surprised. From what I've seen of him outside of his role (granted its not a ton, but still...) he seems like a decent guy who just simply cares.

yeah. seems nicer then half the $#@! people I've met during my childhood. Surely don't want to go down that road again. Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:34 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Matt Smith 048_1a10

Ohhh good one! I love those ones too!

Of course, my first love are the fedoras. Razz

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:35 am

Scarywood wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Heh, it's the Doctor... hardly anything looks right on him! Very Happy

I just hope the blasting off the stetson wasn't another subtle bash-America joke... because it's seriously not funny anymore. It's the stetson!
~
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Matt Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith   Matt Smith EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 am

I've only seen two stories with the eleventh Doctor, so I am not at any position to make judgements, yet.

I myself like fadoras and backwards ball caps.
Wonder how the Doctor would look in a Jughead hat. scratch
Back to top Go down

Matt Smith
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: