HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Eternal Extermination?!?

Go down 
+3
cmdrkoenig67
amagon
gregtdj
7 posters

Do you want Davros to return in Season 4?
Davros! Davros! Davros!
Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_lcap40%Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
As long as it isn't as bad as Season 3's eps.
Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_lcap27%Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
It's a new Doctor Who episode either way.
Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_lcap7%Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Enough!! What's next, the Movellans?!
Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_lcap26%Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 4 ]
Dalek Con...COOOONNN!!
Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_lcap0%Eternal Extermination?!? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Eternal Extermination?!? Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 am

Daleks will be revisited again in Season 4, at least according to the rumor mill. Possible story line may include the return of the Daleks creator Davros. If so where do you stand on this idea?

BTW...possible rumor also includes mention of famed actor Ben Kinglsey...details below.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:17 am

Another in depth rumour from The SUN!

So, that means Imperial Daleks? Do we see him as The Dalek Emperor? Maybe something like the audios?

Something I can spread on thick on my newsgroup though. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 4:04 am

I'd like to see him return for maybe one episode...He's been used far too much in past Classic Who seasons.

Dana
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Sir Ben would be a fine Davros but itseems really unneccessary. The Daleks blew all the good credit I gave them from Doomsday in season 3. They're quite overused. If this is true I hope the Doctor time travels to Skaro so they don't have to retcon Davros being alive on contemporary Earth. It really annoys me how few planets the new series has visited.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 9:09 pm

They keep trying to seperate the new from the old, but they can't help going back and revisiting the old. I agree whole-heartedly let's see some science-fiction, can we visit some alien planets!? I would like a new villian to establish itself as the new series villian probably the front-runner now is the slitheen, and while I like the slitheen I don't want the new series to be recognized by these flatulent behemoths. I want a villan that will be borg-esque. Even being a knock off of the cyberman concept, they were the enemy that you might usually equate with Next Gen. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 8:54 am

LakeErieMonster wrote:
They keep trying to seperate the new from the old, but they can't help going back and revisiting the old.

May not be popular but, you need the "classic" villains. There has to be a link to the original series, otherwise it would just be a knock off. No mention or reference to previous encounters would mean watching someone who managed to get all the devices and abilities as someone on another show and that would be the extent of the similarity.

We've learned that the Doctor is still around and has gone through some rather emotional things that have shaped him into the who he is now. What about the "classic" villains? How did they manage to survive all of this time? What did they have to do to go on? Did they try to find a way to evolve like the Dalek, or did they devolve like the Macra? Yeah it's nice to have some new ones like the slitheen, the gelf, the absorboloaf, the carrionites, etc. but without the old ones wouldn't we be left to the thought of "so...the Doctor's been knocking around wiping out every pre-existing race he encountered?"

In the original run, not every creature was considered a worthwhile enemy, they are viewed that way now simply due to the distortion of nostalgia. I think viewing what they could be with today's take on them might make the most mundane a little more interesting and even more threatening. Give me new but please don't forsake the old.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 pm

After reading your entry now I almost feel guilty for wanting more new. I like the incorporation of the old and enjoy it. Did anyone not just get completely giddy when watching school reuion? I do like the point you made about many past enemies not being worthwhile; many were one episode wonders maybe it's distorted by the nostalgia as you put it, but so many seemed memorable even with the low budget. I guess that's more of what I truly want to see in the new series is to be WOWED! And if they keep fishing it the classic series I still want to see ice warriors and sontarens.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 am

Hmmmm.... Well, if this is true, its gonna be a difficult year for the Doctor! The Ood, Davros, the Rani are all apprantely meant to be coming back in the next series, I know the Ood are definetly coming back, does anyone know whether Davros and the Rani are definetly coming back? Because the Sun cannot be trusted: they said Freema had been fired and that David Tennant would be leaving at the end of Series 3 - NOT TRUE!!!
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 6:08 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
Hmmmm.... Well, if this is true, its gonna be a difficult year for the Doctor! The Ood, Davros, the Rani are all apprantely meant to be coming back in the next series, I know the Ood are definetly coming back, does anyone know whether Davros and the Rani are definetly coming back? Because the Sun cannot be trusted: they said Freema had been fired and that David Tennant would be leaving at the end of Series 3 - NOT TRUE!!!

The Ood yes, as to the others? I'll save discussion on the Rani and any possibility of her reappearance for another thread* or a later date, sometime after October 5th. As to the chance of Davros, that might happen. I do find it interesting that they've announced the Destiny of the Daleks DVD being released on the Who site's news page, more to the point that it will be part of a Davros boxset collecting all of the stories of the evil genius along with extras. Why the extra build up for Davros? I could be wrong but I don't think they have a Master boxset.

Anyway as to the Kingsley part of this, Joan Collins' name is being bandied about for the part of the Rani, and Dennis Hopper is also in that mix of names to appear somewhere. Not all reported by the Sun (at least not Hopper), but you do have to wonder if this isn't just their agents working the press to get asked to do something with Who, or if someone at the BBC is feeding the media sharks to keep them busy.

*Rani discussion was going on HERE and HERE but be warned and take heed, for here there be spoilers!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 6:38 pm

The Davros boxset is a waste since Destiny is the only story left with Davros in it. I do like the box sets of the classic because they tend to have a lower price per disk.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 12:16 am

Gosh what is left of Davros? He was more or less just a head the last time he was on screen. If Ben Kingsley is rumored to play then yes I would like to see Davros again.... Rumours Smoomers....This is the Sun mind you...heck batboy could be rumored to play....hmm not a bad idea. I'd rather see the Meddling Monk or the C. Toymaker than the Rani. As for the ood-it would be fun to discover where they came from and why they like to serve.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 9:13 am

greenk9 wrote:
Gosh what is left of Davros? He was more or less just a head the last time he was on screen.

"The timelords only resurrected me because they knew I'd be the perfect warrior for a timewar." - The Master

One line undoes the whole climactic ending from the TV movie. I'm sure if Davros is on the way back he'll get some kind of similar treatment. After all they've made an alternate time line for the daleks before when they sent the fourth doctor to wipe them out in Genesis. With his timeshift abilities Thay, could shift back to Davros, even before he was confined to his chair. Based on the way they write old villains in it would be interesting to see either way.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Extermination?!?   Eternal Extermination?!? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 10:04 pm

It would be very interesting to see a non-wrinkle black lipped Davros without his chair... gregtdj. Genesis of the Daleks was by far the best Davros story...the bar is raised way too high to do better than that story. I just don't want an over the top performance like Lumick from The Age of Steel. Well if Ben Kingsley is really in...I do not think we will not have a problem.
Back to top Go down

Eternal Extermination?!?
Page 1 of 1