3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:34 am

Rust wrote:

I'd still love to know how Zombies got that close to the camp without anyone noticing though. Dipsticks should have had somebody on watch.

You betcha... it's as if all these two months they are just on an extended camping trip and haven't realized just how serious things are out there.

With that big a group, having 2-4 people on watch at all times is very feasible.

I'm curious to see where they are going to go with the finale. For someone that was played off as suffering from isolation, the CDC guy sure took his own sweet time opening the doors (that is, assuming it was actually him that opened the doors). My fear for our intrepid gang is that the CDC will be looking for infected hosts (to experiment on for a cure) or victims to study as infection starts and spreads) and here comes the gang all nice, unsuspecting and healthy.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 am

Taking his time opening the doors doesn't surprise me. After awhile, even though you crave Human contact you aren't going to want to sacrifice your own personal kingdom. Also, it struck me that Mr. CDC wasn't certain if he was hallucinating them.

I'm just disappointed at the camp slaughter. Up to that point, they'd been very good at not having anyone do anything dramatically stupid. The Fish Fry/Nobody on Watch/everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off was dramatically stupid. Seriously, everyone was around the fire pit (Unless there were more like Mr. Wife Beater who opted to turn in early). Had they stayed clustered together, they wouldn't have suffered any but their initial two losses.

Even a brief scene of a Sentry getting overwhelmed quietly (Mr. Wife Beater was a good example of how Zombies could take somebody down without much noise) would have salvaged that scene, for me.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 am

Tonight's Episode: First off, bravo to AMC for crafting a teaser to this episode that completely misrepresented what was actually going to happen. Nothing played out the way I figured it would and I loved that.

Again, we continue the theme of "Nowhere is Safe", something that I love about this series. You can't get bored when they're forced to constantly relocate. Sean is vindicated in his choice of safe houses, and a little more is discussed about the Zombies. I both liked and was annoyed at the Sheet Anchor they threw out in regards to Reanimation. I like it because it actually addresses the topic, but I dislike it because it's the writers essentially giving themselves a free pass to reanimate recently deceased to create a horde at their whim. Still, points for at least making sure to address it.

Saw the TS-19 reveal coming when he showed the footage. Then again, it wasn't meant to be a huge mystery.

The Hand Grenade Rick picked up in the first episode comes back. I love little continuity bits like that - proves the Writers aren't just flying by the seat of their pants but actually writing the story in advance. I was also thankful Dale and Andrea got out of the CDC. If those two had gone...well, there went two of the more interesting characters.

So...thoughts on if Sean is lying through his teeth about not being able to feel a heartbeat from Rick when he was in the hospital? And what exactly did the Doc whisper into Rick's ear? A safe place to go next? That everyone's already been infected? And what does that say about Rick and his lack of a heart beat? Is Rick a "Smart Zombie"? Did his frontal lobe come back online because he was in a coma when he died? Or is it one big red herring?

There are cameras in that place, so it's possible the Doc caught the exchange between Sean and Rick's Wife.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 am

I was a bit disappointed with the finale. I would have preferred to end it with a bit more tension, like right when the countdown hit 30 and everyone finally caught the clue as to what it meant. But, since they didn't know it would be picked up for a 2nd season, I can let that slide so if there wasn't more to come there was some closure).

Some good thoughts on the 'secret whisper' there.

The hybrid zombie concept would be cool, but the only thing on me buying into that is the groundwork. If deputy was only hooked up to monitoring equipment and not life support... all Sancho (my name for the deputy's partner) had to do was look and listen to the heart monitor (and he did look right at it when it was still on at one point). The power going off isn't going to affect him at all unless he was indeed on life support, and it didn't look like his room setup was that involved.

I'd go with red herring, for now. If the Doc found something as bizarre as that in Deputy's blood, I would have thought Doc would have come up with more excuses to run tests and exams on him since Doc promised to keep working up til the last minute. If next season they start revisiting what happened in the hospital, or Deputy starts to show signs of checking himself out physically, then maybe.

My big swerve idea on the 'secret' was that the Doc told Deputy his wife was pregnant (blood test results). The first thing I thought of when it was established that Sancho was making time with the wife was that if she got pregnant, and Deputy links up with their group... big time drama gonna happen once she starts showing the signs.

Or something else related to the blood tests... like one of them has a terminal illness that they do not know about.

I also had the thought about suggesting to them a place to try and go to. Not sure about that one. He was so cut off already and fatalistic about everything. Plus, the reaction Deputy had when the Doc finished talking seemed to me as more grim, and not Hey, more hope!

It's all good... got 11 months to ponder the possibilities. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 am

Is it kind of morbid that I'm glad the Doc didn't die alone? While I don't like see Characters "Give up" like that, I found it slightly heartwarming that the Doc and that one lady were holding hands at the end. Reassurance that someone's there, I suppose.

And yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think it's likely that his wife is pregnant, given his lines prior to the whisper.

I wonder if they'll shack up with the survivors at the Nursing Home for awhile, at the start of next season. Seems like the most logical place to go and catch their bearings and rebuild their supplies for the next run at safety (Likely the Military Base Sean suggested).
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 am

I was thinking that too... going back to the Nursing home to regroup is a great idea.

The other thing I wish the group would wise up and start doing is looting.

For instance, we saw on the approach to the CDC that there were lots of dead soldiers, plus some military vehicles. At the end of the finale, you see the group's vehicles pulling out, and no zombies in sight.

I was thinking... what's the rush? If you have taken care of all the zombies in the immediate area, search the bodies and vehicles and take their weapons and ammo. What about equipment? Flashlights, batteries, first aid kits, tools... Why not try and drive away with some of these heavier military vehicles? If you can't take a vehicle, then siphon the gas or take any extra fuel cans.

And somewhere there is an angry one handed racist redneck still lurking about...

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead   AMC's The Walking Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:30 am

Getting the heck out of the CDC's general area was smart, though. Yeah, there were no Zombies in the immediate area, but the Hand Grenade plus the detonation is going to bring down every Zombie in Atlanta. They had to get out of there ASAP.
Back to top Go down

AMC's The Walking Dead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2