2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

303: Gridlock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Rust wrote:
But see, that was the thing. The Doctor regenerates. That's what he does. The viewers know that happens. And not once, anywhere else in the series (Unless you count the Second-to-Third, which was very much a involuntary Regeneration) has the Doctor ever rallied against regenerating. He didn't even struggle against it in "Journey's End" (Which raises the question of whether or not he wasted a regeneration on that stupid, stupid scene).

And now that I've seen Season 3, there's a new layer to that sequence for me, because it's a rehash of John Smith's refusal to become the Doctor in "Family of Blood". At least John Smith had a reason for not wanting to change into that man, because the Doctor could never love Jo the way he could.

But the Doctor? There was no reason, no reason at all, to fight back his regeneration like that. "The Time Lord Victorious", refusing to simply go quietly into the night. How many other people would he have forced to commit suicide just to preserve the time line?

I loved Tennant's acting, and up till "The Waters of Mars", I loved the 10th Doctor. But after witnessing "The Time Lord Victorious", his wasting of time in going to the Ood, and then his temper tantrum when he realized he had to regenerate...

It was a good thing he regenerated into the man he did. The Universe wouldn't have survived much more of Ten's "Silent Fury".

I liked Martha's face as she bit into that waffer when told where it came from. Laughing
My problem is just one thing....I find it hard to believe that, 5 BILLION years later, humans still dress the same as in the 20th-21st centuries.

I never could figure out why doc #10 was against regenerating......I never was big on the idea that he 'dies' each time he regenerates, he was fine each time in the classics.

I'm just glad the, "I'm sorry....I'm so, so sorry!" I was really getting tired of all that angst and apologetic thinking. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:56 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
This was one of the first episodes I watched, and for one reason:

Lenora Crichlow.

that was the reason I re-wathced it recently Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 am

Now I realize Davies stated he was "through" with the "year 5 billion" period with the airing of "Gridlock", but in an admittedly "fan-wanky" moment, I'd love to see one of Brannigan's daughters grow up (or another member of his and Hame's species) to become the Doctor's traveling companion.

http://forum.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_2519333.jpg

Yeah, this design would have been impossible even with the more robust budget of Davies' era, but an old fart can dream, can't he?

I know what you're thinking. What about "period" or even contemporary Earth based adventures? Make-up impossiblities aside, how do you explain a fur covered cat-girl within context of the narrative? What was it called? Oh, yes, "perception filters", like those keys the Doctor rigged for Martha and Jack. That way, we'd see the actress as a human on occasion. Either that or cover the kitten in sheets of "psychic paper". Laughing

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Redfern wrote:
Now I realize Davies stated he was "through" with the "year 5 billion" period with the airing of "Gridlock", but in an admittedly "fan-wanky" moment, I'd love to see one of Brannigan's daughters grow up (or another member of his and Hame's species) to become the Doctor's traveling companion.

http://forum.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_2519333.jpg

Yeah, this design would have been impossible even with the more robust budget of Davies' era, but an old fart can dream, can't he?

I know what you're thinking. What about "period" or even contemporary Earth based adventures? Make-up impossiblities aside, how do you explain a fur covered cat-girl within context of the narrative? What was it called? Oh, yes, "perception filters", like those keys the Doctor rigged for Martha and Jack. That way, we'd see the actress as a human on occasion. Either that or cover the kitten in sheets of "psychic paper". Laughing

Sincerely,

Bill

~Sees picture~

Who wants to bet Jack's going to introduce himself to that girl? afro
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Get the Furry some clothes, and I'd be game.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:30 am

Rust wrote:
Get the Furry some clothes, and I'd be game.

She's already dressed. afro
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 303: Gridlock   303: Gridlock - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:54 am

Well, every day is Caturday, after all... bounce
Back to top Go down

303: Gridlock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: