Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Okay, there is a rumor started by the Sun that a major Doctor Who character, namely Amy, will be killed off in the "devastating plot twist" mid-series.

Before anyone thinks it's fact, take a look: http://www.digitalspy.com/cult/s7/doctor-who/news/a270336/doctor-who-character-to-be-killed-off.html#article_continue

The original source was "The Sun," a UK tabloid. Furthermore, the informant is "an unnamed source," who "allegedly confirmed" it.

Yeah... Bull.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:16 pm

"Will everyone quit getting shot!"

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 am

Jeez. Sad
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

A major character gets killed off? Yawn.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 am

Yeah, if true I can think of nothing that would turn my nieces off Who so fast as another killed off companion (especially if actually killed off, not just shunted off to a parallel universe). Especially my little niece who adores Amy. Its fine if Amy (Ms Gillan) leaves the show, but the manner matters.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 pm

This latest rumour and the separation of the series into two (yeah, right) is starting to turn me off on DW.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:35 pm

This rumor has as much water as The Sun's previous rumor about how Matt Smith was leaving the series after the next season.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Rust wrote:
This rumor has as much water as The Sun's previous rumor about how Matt Smith was leaving the series after the next season.

True. Always consider the source. Myself, I wouldn't use it to line a bird cage, let alone carry water in it (or do that nifty magic trick where you roll the paper & pour liquid in it geek ). It may be popular, but that doesn't mean its right.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

see, i wonder if it's a master ploy by moffat. by splitting the show into 2, he can kill amy off in the "mid-season-cliff-hanger", and have the doctor do things to bring amy back for all the other episodes of the last half of the series. which means either the doctor would get her back by the final episode of the second half of the series, or we get hinted that she would come back the next year. something like that has never been done in doctor who before, and i think that moffat thinks he's smart enough to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Pre-empted rumor! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-empted rumor!   Pre-empted rumor! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
see, i wonder if it's a master ploy by moffat. by splitting the show into 2, he can kill amy off in the "mid-season-cliff-hanger", and have the doctor do things to bring amy back for all the other episodes of the last half of the series. which means either the doctor would get her back by the final episode of the second half of the series, or we get hinted that she would come back the next year. something like that has never been done in doctor who before, and i think that moffat thinks he's smart enough to pull it off.

DOCTOR: I think I got her...

RORY: I'll help you, Doctor!

And from the the netherworld, the two pull a thin form.

ADRIC: ... Who are you?

RORY: Throw it back and try again...
Back to top Go down

Pre-empted rumor!
Page 1 of 1