Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

What would you like to see in Doctor Who?

Go down 
+7
The Castellan
neogeo
Cruel Angel
artanyus
RevClaire
Invisible Supreme
jaredofmo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

What would you like to see in Doctor Who? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:33 pm

On IMDb, someone started a thread asking what you wanted to see in Series 6. Given the recent development of a "split" year, perhaps a little re-wording is better.

Anyways, here were my five:

1.) I'd like to see Rory's character developed more. I really loved his character in Series 5,
Spoiler:
I was still rooting for him!
Spoiler:
I'd like him and Amy to become closer, so when it's time for them to leave the TARDIS, Amy will be over her "two man" needs and can just settle down with Rory.

2.) Some questions from Series 5 answered. Sure, it's a given we'll discover what the Silence is and discover the truth of River Song, but what about episodes like "Vampires in Venice" and "Flesh and Stone" where the cracks in time and space were part of the plot? Did the Saturnyne's planet never get destroyed and their trip to Venice never happen then? If so, can we have another go with the race of space fish? Francesco and Rosanna could be back!

3.) If any characters from the previous series return, I'd really want just Captain Jack. Leave Mickey, Martha, Donna, and Rose be, as we've tied up their stories. As for classic series, I'll let them decide. As for Daleks, either do something really good with them, like "New Skaro," or use them as minimally as possible. (Like the cameo of one in "The Waters of Mars.")

4.) More really great scenes, like the end of "Vincent and the Doctor."

5.) The eventual return/restoration/replacement of Gallifrey and the Time Lord race. Maybe not exactly next year, but I'd like to see it happen eventually.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm

I'd be cool if they came up with a ''new skaro''.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 am

The voc robots.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:22 am

Tom Baker
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:43 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Tom Baker

Yeah! I really liked the rumour that was going around that he'd be playing the titular character in an adaptation of Nightshade for the show. That or let him dominate as The Master Twisted Evil

Of course, multi-Doctor action is always welcome... but highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:40 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Tom Baker

Yeah! I really liked the rumour that was going around that he'd be playing the titular character in an adaptation of Nightshade for the show. That or let him dominate as The Master Twisted Evil

Give us another "Time Crash"-esque meeting between 11 and Four and see what would happen. I know its highly unlikely, but it would be interesting to see how Eleven and Four get along. Or even Twelve and Four Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Keep Rory on the team... tired of just having the Doc and girl combo.

Develop original quality villains for recurring roles.

Keep developing mystery plot threads.

Classic returns-

a) the Rani (as long as they keep her a serious villain, and not make her a joke like the new Master)

b) E Space/ Romana

Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I'd be kinda curious to see a Doctor family reunion with his mother & Susan (and possibly any children or grandchildren of Susan's).

It would also be interesting to see Gallifrey return along with Rassy and possibly an on-screen return of Romana II.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 pm

artanyus wrote:
ReverendKain wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Tom Baker

Give us another "Time Crash"-esque meeting between 11 and Four and see what would happen. I know its highly unlikely, but it would be interesting to see how Eleven and Four get along. Or even Twelve and Four Very Happy

Twelve and Four has been done in fic. *cough*

I'd love for 11 to meet 8 because 8 is so well-spoken, calm, and full of life, but 11 is just a hyper little terrier. I have no doubt that 11 would irk 8 very much.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

1.) I'd like to see Rory's character developed more. I really loved his character in Series 5,
Spoiler:
I was still rooting for him!
Spoiler:
I'd like him and Amy to become closer, so when it's time for them to leave the TARDIS, Amy will be over her "two man" needs and can just settle down with Rory.

2.) Some questions from Series 5 answered. Sure, it's a given we'll discover what the Silence is and discover the truth of River Song, but what about episodes like "Vampires in Venice" and "Flesh and Stone" where the cracks in time and space were part of the plot? Did the Saturnyne's planet never get destroyed and their trip to Venice never happen then? If so, can we have another go with the race of space fish? Francesco and Rosanna could be back!

3.) If any characters from the previous series return, I'd really want just Captain Jack. Leave Mickey, Martha, Donna, and Rose be, as we've tied up their stories. As for classic series, I'll let them decide. As for Daleks, either do something really good with them, like "New Skaro," or use them as minimally as possible. (Like the cameo of one in "The Waters of Mars.")

4.) More really great scenes, like the end of "Vincent and the Doctor."

I would love to see a more closer relationship between Amy and Rory, so that when they depart, it is a mutual decision, and that it doesn't end in heartbreak. If the cliff-hanger includes one of them dying, I will be very disappointed. That would just be so repetitive and take away from the shock of their previous deaths. I am sure the season's arc will focus on what you mentioned, mostly the silence. I am feeling like part of the cliff-hanger will have to do with River Song's big . . uh, "reveal". I know it will be the first time she meets the doctor, and it will definitely be a very interesting storyline. Although I agree on the daleks, I am feeling like they will be a big part of next season. "Victory of the Daleks" really felt like it was setting up a new dalek era, complete with many stories to come. If they ARE a huge part of it, I hope it isn't another story where they invade Earth. We have had only Earth stories for daleks . . I want something else (like a genesis type story). About those past characters, there is no way, (in my opinion) that we will ever see Jack again, especially considering how different Torchwood's reboot will be, they will want that story to themselves. I would love classic characters, though. Those scenes (like the end of Vincent and the Doctor) are part of the reason I really love the show, but I feel like next season will not have that heavy fairy-tale theme that allowed such scenes. At least, that's what I'm hoping: that next season is much 'darker'. But honestly, there is very little they could do to ruin it (other than kill anyone off as a cliff-hanger).
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:46 pm

The Classic Cybermen. Plus classic Cybermen PWN'ING the Cybusmen. Twisted Evil

Vok robots would be nice. I'd like to see Zygons, Sea Devils, a very pissed of Sutek, Captain Jack returning, Kroton the Cyberman, Timelords, and the Golden Emperor Dalek.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Classic cybermen rule! except the nemesis ones. What would you like to see in Doctor Who? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:16 am

I would like to see the return of the Rutans and the Ogron. They are good villlains and have been left in the past. Besides, the Sontarans need their arch nemesis to make a return once more for the Doctor to get involved in saving some planet. And put the Ogron to work for the Daleks or the Master once more.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:41 pm

the dreamlord, nuff said!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:23 am

More standalone stories like in the classic show. Do we really have to have a theme each series.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

More alien looking TARDIS interiors.....AND NO MORE STEAMPUNK.....AND NO MORE JUNK LIKE TYPE WRITERS, BICYCLE PUMPS, AND HAMMERS!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Mondasian Cybermen, and Patrick Stewart.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 pm

oh patrick stewart...yes ronpur..so would love that

I want the zygons back...really one of my fav all time baddies

love to see no dalek stories- just a 1 yr rest

the chamelion circuit work again

and of course i do wish the tom rumour to be true...but highly unlikely...but really that would be my happy wish

also rowan atkinson!!!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see in Doctor Who?   What would you like to see in Doctor Who? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Tom rumor?
Back to top Go down

What would you like to see in Doctor Who?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: