Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone Empty
PostSubject: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Was anyone else scared by this episode? I'm not ashamed to admit that I was.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:02 pm

I might have been by the second one if it wasn't for the fact that I was in a very heated argument with some other person regarding my Daleks at the time. The Weeping Angels never fail to scare me, but unfortunately, distraction played a huge part in me not really understanding the episode.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 pm

They are the most creative characters/aliens to come out of the show, but Blink was definitely scarier. Especially since "Flesh and Stone" didn't focus entirely on the Angels. That said, the regenerating angel figure is way scarier than the regenerated or weeping/screaming.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:29 pm

The scariest bit was in the trailer when Amy first notices the Angel moving. When the Angel gets right up on the lens, that made me actually jump back.

Scary stuff, but I agree, Blink had me more on edge.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:21 pm

The four second loop of the Angel that was moving was masterwork, up to the point it was "projecting" out of the monitor. Then it became a little cheesy. But when it leans in close to the Monitor...scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Rust wrote:
The four second loop of the Angel that was moving was masterwork, up to the point it was "projecting" out of the monitor. Then it became a little cheesy. But when it leans in close to the Monitor...scary stuff.

Then you probably agree giving the angels a "voice" was not only cheesy, but made them WAY less scary
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:25 pm

It turned them into Vashta Nerada in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
It turned them into Vashta Nerada in my mind.

This two parter was nearly the same as Silence/Forest, that can't be doubted at all. Still it was entertaining, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Yeah, I don't see why the Angels needed a voice. Also Angel Bob was an odd plot itch. He was speaking for the Angels, but it seemed like he genuinely was concerned for the Doctor and was trying - in the ways he could - to help.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 pm

didn't like them talking. didn't like seing them move. these episodes actually made them less scary to me. i really liked blink, but i think they messed up with these. about the only good part was the tape recorded angel, but even that was foiled by "brilliant" amy.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 pm

I dunno, I found that some quick thinking on Amy's part.

And at least she's the one who found the solution. I'd rather have pro-active companions to the Professional Hostage.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Rust wrote:

And at least she's the one who found the solution. I'd rather have pro-active companions to the Professional Hostage.
*nod nod*

I agree with the above points, but it still spooked me, probably because I thought it was smart to watch it alone in the dark the first time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Rust wrote:
I dunno, I found that some quick thinking on Amy's part.

*cough* Martha *cough*
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:57 pm

i don't know. to me, amy found the solution in every single episode. the is the living "deus ex machina". just because her eyes aren't glowing, doesn't mean that she doesnt' have god-like powers(given to her by grand moff).

sarah jane was one of the most popular companions of all time, and i don't remember her finding a solution to every problem. i think that was one of my major irks with this series 5. i wanted to see the doctor save the day every episode, however, everytime it was amy. i don't remember that happening in the "classic" series that much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
i don't know. to me, amy found the solution in every single episode. the is the living "deus ex machina". just because her eyes aren't glowing, doesn't mean that she doesnt' have god-like powers(given to her by grand moff).

sarah jane was one of the most popular companions of all time, and i don't remember her finding a solution to every problem. i think that was one of my major irks with this series 5. i wanted to see the doctor save the day every episode, however, everytime it was amy. i don't remember that happening in the "classic" series that much.

That's one of the reasons why this was my favorite season. Because, at times, Amy was more significant than the Doctor. I will get bored if the Doctor "saves the day, every time. He's not a super hero.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone   The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 am

bret_owen99 wrote:

She found solutions, but they didn't always work in her favor (Like the rescue attempt of "Cold Blood"), and outside "The Beast Below", she was never responsible for solving the biggest, overall problem of the episode.
Back to top Go down

The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone
Page 1 of 1