Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! Empty
PostSubject: No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!   No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Ok, apparently I am late finding out, since apparently the cuts for the final ballot were made in Apr and I never saw it...

but the final voting ended July 31, and I went to the Hugo site to see when the winners would be announced. Lo and behold I look at the voting ballot, and Children of Earth was not on it.

Apparently, CoE didn't qualify for dramatic presentation short form, but had to go in for long form, and that put it up against the regular motion pictures. It didn't get enough votes to make the cut for the final ballot.

And here I thought it would be under short form as the rest of the tv shows, and be a solid lock to win it. Now to find out it's not even in contention at all? Evil or Very Mad

In case anyone was interested-

Long Form:

Star Trek
Up
Moon
District 9

Short Form:

Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
Waters of Mars
'Epitaph 1'- Dollhouse
'No More Good Days'- Flash Forward

So much for me caring for the results this year.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!   No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I saw Moon and think it should win for the simple fact it was more concerned with "the human condition".
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!   No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I would go with Moon myself... but I can't help thinking the voters are gonna be swept up by the Avatar craze.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!   No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Planet of the Dead over Children of Earth? What?! I wish it qualified, because Children of Earth was a MASTERPIECE!!!! Absolute perfection!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!   No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Planet of the Dead over Children of Earth? What?! I wish it qualified, because Children of Earth was a MASTERPIECE!!!! Absolute perfection!!!!

Right there with you... such a shame.
Back to top Go down

No Hugo nomination for Torchwood Children of Earth !?!
Page 1 of 1