Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season Empty
PostSubject: Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season   Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

One episode this season featured a dyslexic child...it wasn't a major point, but it was part of the character.

One episode featured a man ravaged by what might've been depression or bipolar disorder. After airing the episode, the BBC posted a helpline number to discuss the issues raised by the episode.

Amy is an adult suffering from major childhood abandonment issues.

The question, then, is this: is this a deliberate course of action? This is a kids' show, after all...is the BBC hoping to help kids better prepare to discuss such things?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
tegan4
tegan4

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-21

Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season   Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:55 pm

I was thinking about that, too. At the end of the Van Gogh ep there was an announcement for what I think was a suicide/ depression help line. So, is that too heavy for young kids, or is it an outlet they need? I just found it surprising.
Back to top Go down

Some of the "issues" addressed in the currrent season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: