CJSchmidt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues Empty
PostSubject: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

A place to compile and discuss Moff's master plan.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Episode 501

Young amy is outside the next morning waiting for the Doctor to return. We hear the Tardis landing and young Amy looks up a moment before the scene cuts to old Amy waking up in bed.

Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues Vlcsna12

Episode 505

The Doctor casually leaves Amy, patting her on the head (notice the lack of jacket).

Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues Vlcsna10

After a few moments of silence, he holds her hand and talks to her in a very different tone - telling her to remember something he told her when she was little. He then kisses her on the head and leaves. (Notice the jacket at the edge of the frame.) In case you think this was just a mistake, the Doctor has rolled up his sleeves suddenly so you can't see the shirt or jacket when he takes her hand - it would be too obvious.

Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues Vlcsna11

My theory: In the final episode Amy will get trapped. The Doctor can't travel back in his own timeline, so he weaves his way back secretly through Amy's, preparing her and eventually telling her younger self something very important that she'll need to save the day.

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I had never noticed that. Good observations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:17 pm

there is also that bit in the beast below where amy is warning herself not to let the doctor get involved... is she sending a warning to her past self?
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:03 pm

I am a bit disappointed they went with another story arc instead of focusing on general stories as the old series did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:11 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
I am a bit disappointed they went with another story arc instead of focusing on general stories as the old series did.

I'm more disappointed they're making the arc horribly obvious. It was better when we didn't know what we were supposed to be looking for, like Bad Wolf and Vote Saxon.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:39 pm

All genre TV shows have arcs. This is just how modern sci-fi/fantasy shows work, and has been for, oh, over a frakkin' decade now. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Unless my counting is off, the last episode of the series airs in the UK on a date that's significant within the narrative of the show. That, for me, is genius.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Nocturniah wrote:
Unless my counting is off, the last episode of the series airs in the UK on a date that's significant within the narrative of the show. That, for me, is genius.

June 26th is a full moon according to my calendar. Arooooo! Smile
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:10 pm

my guess is that a huge clue will be laid out in amy's choice. My odd theory is that could this all be but a dream of amy's 11 yr old self? The doctor is just a prince in her fairy tale? In the first episode there is a quick shot of her wedding dress but also a bunch of amy and doc dolls...just wondering if it is all but a dream...crazy thinking...I need help.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:23 pm

greenk9 wrote:
my guess is that a huge clue will be laid out in amy's choice. My odd theory is that could this all be but a dream of amy's 11 yr old self? The doctor is just a prince in her fairy tale? In the first episode there is a quick shot of her wedding dress but also a bunch of amy and doc dolls...just wondering if it is all but a dream...crazy thinking...I need help.

So that means, we could disregard this entire season/series as a dream?!?!?! That next season/series we start off fresh and new?!?!?!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:41 am

amagon wrote:
greenk9 wrote:

So that means, we could disregard this entire season/series as a dream?!?!?! That next season/series we start off fresh and new?!?!?!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Somehow I don't like this idea. Perhaps there are two arcs. An obvious one, and one that we don't yet know about.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:06 am

I've got it! Amy is River! (jk)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm

I have no theory as to what IS going on, but I certainly know what I hope is NOT going on: I really hope the cracks have nothing to do with the Time War. This season has been kind of a tonal shift (one that has divided fans into camps that enjoy the shift and those who think it's bollocks), but at the very least it's been a "palate cleanser" of sorts between the RTD era and, well, wherever the show is headed in series 6 once the cast and crew have settled into the gig. To delve back into the Time War idea instead of going somewhere new would be unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

I want a Myth laptop... or do I?!? Suspect
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:11 pm

I have no clue either what's going on as far as the arc is concerned. I still think the appearance of Gallifrey out of the time lock has something to do with it. Sure I'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues   Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

There are a lot of little things that make you wonder what is really going on throughout the episodes. One thing in particular that I wonder about is in "The Eleventh Hour," when the Atraxi eye is looking at the Doctor and Amelia through the crack. It zaps the Doctor's psychic paper and he says it left a message... prisoner zero has escaped. The paper is glowing blue (glowing letters?) but he doesn't show it to Amy. I'm wondering if that paper said something else and it was something important enough to make him lie to Amelia about what it said.

I must say though, that this season has really got me wondering about the finale. Lots of intriguing ideas and comments made throughout the run. And NO, I do not want spoilers about the finale and these plot threads! Smile
Back to top Go down

Series 5 "Big Story Arc" Discussion & Clues
Page 1 of 1