Krynoid
beep
artanyus
Ronpur
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Rate S5E5: Flesh and Stone
Fantastic! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 9 ]
Great episode!
S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 12 ]
Average/Okay episode
S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Could have been better.
S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Terrible episode! MOFFAT, YOU FOOL!!
S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Well, remember that not ALL the Angels were erased. Just the ones that were there.

All in all I thought it was a great episode. I wished we'd gotten to see River a bit more, but she's obviously coming back! So that's good. I'm glad Amy had a bit more to do. The bit with the soldiers totally disappearing was creepy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:30 am

The story seemed like a big letdown after all that had happened in the first episode. I loved the bit where 11 was comforting Amy. It was then that I decided that I could start liking 11... and he was really growing on me by the end of the episode. I don't know, I just didn't really have a reaction to the episode.

And then Amy randomly trying to seduce the Doctor... what was that all about? The trailer for the next episode doesn't even look like it's going to touch that at all. It's just massively weird and so out of place.

I can't even say that I'm excited for next week's episode. A great part of me wants to say, "Pass!" but Rory with a broom trying to fight a vampire with a sword is awesome.
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:53 pm

In all honesty this episode left me unsatisfied. I was expecting something more, but half the time it was a Doctor Monologue, with him pretty much rambling. Okay, I know the other Doctor's did it too, but seriously it got old real quick in this episode.

The Angels were good, kind of creepy at times, as was the whole crack in time, and the vanishing soldiers too. I felt bad for Bishop because I was starting to like him.

However, the tree-borgs were awesome. And his comforting of Amy when he kissed her on the forehead, that was decent too. That kind of moment helped me like Smith as the Doctor more.

Regarding River Song, I was rather frustrated. My hope that we would get to learn more about who she is was left hanging practically. Yeah we got some hints, but at the same time we got left with a lot more questions too. To me she is more of a mystery now than she was after her appearance in series 4.

As for the ending, I kind of switched off. Amy's attempt to seduce the Doctor and practically climbing all over him at the end was completely random and really didn't seem to fit in with anything. Nothing was really explained, and the previews for the next episode (while intriguing to me just for the location setting) had me in a bit of an "eh" feeling.

I like how they bring in the fiance next episode, and the fact that he gets to see some action, but it like the bit we were shown at the end of this episode just kind of got thrown in. I probably won't have the same high expectations that I had for the past couple episode for this next one. The vampires reminded me a bit too much like the ones from Supernatural, with some obvious differences.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:27 am

I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:26 am

I am trying to remember if there has ever been a conclusion to a 2-part story that I have enjoyed as much as part 1. It must just be the natural let-down of the excitement of the cliffhanger and anticipation of the week before. This one, to me came close to breaking that, but just fell short.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: River Song   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:29 pm

This ep was go but it seems to me that it is provide the backing for prob the whole season. I think River Song is most likly the MASTER because no way have we seen the last of him and the good man she kille the one who was a hero to many was of course the DOCTOR.
Lady Saleya
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:53 am

Lady Saleya wrote:
This ep was go but it seems to me that it is provide the backing for prob the whole season. I think River Song is most likly the MASTER because no way have we seen the last of him and the good man she kille the one who was a hero to many was of course the DOCTOR.
Lady Saleya

The Master, as a woman S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_eek No thanks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I dont like the idea either but it would one of the best disguises he could have. It is possiable because when THE DOCTOR change the last time he thought for a monment that he had became a woman.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:29 pm

you know I was a little confused by this one...I realy liked the time of angels...but for me this fell apart as much as the gravity globe. I was beyond befuddled- it was a confusing christopher bidmead style writing here...so lost.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)   S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:44 pm

this ep was dodgey but if you pick out the important parts it was a go ep My fav part was when the Angels were scared of the light and thought that Amy good see the visual affects of the Angels started to move that was awsome
Back to top Go down

S5E5: Flesh and Stone (Spoilers)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2