Thete
retrodude
artanyus
mysterylad
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Rate S5E2: The beast below
Brilliant! Fantastic! Molto benne!
S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_lcap21%S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_rcap
 21% [ 7 ]
Very Good
S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_lcap48%S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_rcap
 48% [ 16 ]
Average, Okay
S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_lcap24%S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_rcap
 24% [ 8 ]
Not good
S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_lcap3%S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Great balls of fire, what was that?! (Rubbish)
S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_lcap3%S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Empty
PostSubject: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Although it hasn't been broadcasted yet, it will be soon so I set up a thread for it.

Also, a poll for when people have seen it. Obviously, you can vote now, but that would be rather pointless.... seems as no ones seen it yet..

Anyway, talk!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:33 pm

As excited as I was for The Eleventh Hour, I am easily ten times as excited about this one. This will be the first time we see how Smith's Doctor functions when he's in the thick of a "real" story, as opposed to one crafted merely to introduce the new characters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 pm

mysterylad wrote:
As excited as I was for The Eleventh Hour, I am easily ten times as excited about this one. This will be the first time we see how Smith's Doctor functions when he's in the thick of a "real" story, as opposed to one crafted merely to introduce the new characters.

I am looking forward to this for the same reason. This is his first true episode as the Doctor, compared to the introductory episode that sets up the new Doctor. I'm confident he will do well, but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 am

Yeah, exactly why I'm looking forward to this episode aswell. Besides, the monsters actually look scary! Haven't been able to say that since the Empty Child (heck, my sister screamed!).

Anyone know what the monsters are called in this episode, anywho? I think I heard they were called the 'Smilers', or am I thinking of another episode?
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 am

scarywood wrote:
Yeah, exactly why I'm looking forward to this episode aswell. Besides, the monsters actually look scary! Haven't been able to say that since the Empty Child (heck, my sister screamed!).

That's cool. Though while many of the monsters were not really scary following The Empty Child, the only other monster to really creep me out were the Weeping Angels. And they are coming back this season. I'm kind of stoked because now they have new abilities that make them even more dangerous than when we last saw them, but at the same time, they still creep me out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 am

artanyus wrote:
scarywood wrote:

That's cool. Though while many of the monsters were not really scary following The Empty Child, the only other monster to really creep me out were the Weeping Angels. And they are coming back this season. I'm kind of stoked because now they have new abilities that make them even more dangerous than when we last saw them, but at the same time, they still creep me out.

Ohh, I love the Weeping Angels. Especially the figures! They just look awesome and I love how they're 'silent murderers!'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm not sure if you can view this in the US, but here's an introduction to The Beast Below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s1wcm

I wonder if when CO make a figure of the Smilers, maybe they'll have a head that turns around to reveal a sad face.

But anyway, looks like a GREAT episode! I'm sure it'll be one of my favourites!
Back to top Go down
retrodude
retrodude

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

i realy like the look of this one, and the victory of the daleks and well all of the new series it looks awsome!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://you tube - https://www.youtube.com/user/retrodude333
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:44 pm

hmm another snakey thing except it comes from the ground instead of the roof S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Icon_neutral. Still looking forward to it. Btw who has already voted before seeing it. Own up two of you have S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Oh no! I just clicked view results to see what you were talking about and now its voted for me! Darn it!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 am

So, how long until this episode starts??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:42 am

Ronpur wrote:

For UK its in 4 hours and 32 minutes.

For US, its in 2 weeks.

Ahh, I love Britain!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 am

scarywood wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

For US, its in 2 weeks.

Ahh, I love Britain!

Well, 2 weeks, sort of. I don't have BBCA on my TV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:50 am

Ronpur wrote:
scarywood wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

For US, its in 2 weeks.

Ahh, I love Britain!

Well, 2 weeks, sort of. I don't have BBCA on my TV.

How do you watch it then? Do you download?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 pm

WATCHING IT NOW!! WOOPZ!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Just finished. Not sure I quite get it. I'll have to re-watch it. But it was still fantastic! And guess what, the exact crack in Amy's wall was on the starship at the end!

And it also seems that Moffat is using a VERY different technique than we are used too. I'm not sure if this is a good thing yet, or not.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Victory of the Daleks looks EPIC!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Hum, very interesting! I like the idea that the "beasts" were really the humans and not the space whale. Liz 10! and the reference to the past encounters with the "family"!
And I like the phone call from Churchill! Can't wait until next week.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Wow. Haven't been that disappointed in a Who episode in a long time. Couldn't wait for it to end. Thank god next week has Daleks.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:19 pm

I went with "Very Good." To me it felt like it could have been a comic strip. I mean that in the best way. It had a great sort of whimsy and fun. I mean, it's a ship strapped to the back of a huge space whale! I thought visually it looked brilliant and I thought the Smilers will appropriately creepy even though they weren't the main focus. Loving the Eleventh Doctor. I liked Amy coming up with the solution. I don't think the Doctor needs to think of everything ALL the time. But I do agree they hammered the Doctor=Space Whale a bit too hard. But that was a small niggle.

More like this please!

Also, how fun was it that they worked the next episode into it? Love it!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Not one of the best stories to be honest, but it wasn't horrible either. Amy coming up with the solution was fine, just predictable, as that is what RTD kept doing. Hopefully the Doctor will have more to do in the next story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 pm

I think it's bound to happen near thestart though as the companion proves their worth.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Fair enough. I mean it's not a bad thing as you want the companion to be strong, just not unexpected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)   S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:06 am

I loved it. Not the most spectacular episode mind you, but it was quite interesting. While the format is similar to RTD's, Moffat's imagination is just brilliant. And while I have my suspicions that there is more to Amy than meets the eye, I think she definitely proved her worth to the Doctor.

And the crack is back! Very interested to see what thats all about Smile
Back to top Go down

S5E2: The beast below (SPOILERS!)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next