Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Did they really film in America????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Did they really film in America???? Empty
PostSubject: Did they really film in America????   Did they really film in America???? EmptyTue May 08, 2007 2:59 am

I just read the synopses for the latest who mag study and I got the impression that the show really did come to the USA. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Can anyone confirm this?affraid

I watched the two dalek episodes :dalek: :dalek: and quite honestly if they filmed here I couldnt see it. cyclops They could have CGI'd the liberty statue above any old wall and the park didnt seem to show anything too specific for it to be in New York. Apart from the wandering pig people pig pig pig

But then again, maybe I read the synopsis wrong and they didnt. scratch

Enquiring minds want to know confused
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Did they really film in America????   Did they really film in America???? EmptyTue May 08, 2007 9:01 am

A second unit team went to America along with Phil Collinson and Doctor Who confidential. They got establishing shots of New York and the Statue of Liberty.

But that's all really. David Tennat and Freema didn't get to come here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Did they really film in America????   Did they really film in America???? EmptyTue May 08, 2007 11:19 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
... didnt seem to show anything too specific for it to be in New York. Apart from the wandering pig people pig pig pig

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
J. Thomas Jeans
J. Thomas Jeans

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Did they really film in America????   Did they really film in America???? EmptyWed May 16, 2007 2:30 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
...and the park didnt seem to show anything too specific for it to be in New York. Apart from the wandering pig people pig pig pig

Charming. Neutral

In any event, no, the cast didn't come here (as was pointed out by terrasolo), although the footage they shot here was used for more than just establishing shots. They also got plate shots, to work into footage with the actors themselves (mostly footage shot from high above New York, as well as footage shot from Liberty Island).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Did they really film in America????   Did they really film in America???? EmptyWed May 16, 2007 1:46 pm

I just saw the two part confidential on the manhatten shoot. I loved the part where Tennant goes up to the camera and jokingly rips the producer, director, and the confidential team for going there and he and Freema are in a car park at a leisure centre for the wall insert! Too Funny!

If I ever get a passport and travel I am going to Wales, that place is incredible for how it can look like anywhere in the world, er um, Universe.
Back to top Go down

Did they really film in America????
Page 1 of 1