17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rooners
rooners

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-11-07

!Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

jonwes wrote:
...I groan every time I hear the "I'm the Doctor/Doctor Who" joke but oh well.

Ha...yeah, I know what you mean but thats been going on ever since Ian refered to the Doctor as "Dr. Foreman" sparking the following response from the man himself..... Eh? Doctor who? What's he talking about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwcollector/sets/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:03 am

Wasn't impressed with the 2nd trailer at all (the intro ones done with CE and DT were far better). I'm still in DT withdrawal at this point so it'll take me awhile to get used to the suspender man and the girl who seems to be only half clothed.
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

CrochetOwl wrote:
....suspender man and the girl who seems to be only half clothed.

ha ha - I had a little giggle about that....only because suspenders mean something completely different in the UK....er....the things that keep womens stockings up....I can't be done with a cross dressing Doctor Very Happy

BTW...didn't you know that Amy is wearing the national dress for girls of the UK....i.e. as little as possible...in fact she looks a little OVER dressed Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwcollector/sets/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 am

rooners wrote:

BTW...didn't you know that Amy is wearing the national dress for girls of the UK....i.e. as little as possible...in fact she looks a little OVER dressed Laughing

Figures, since the show seems to be gearing toward the younger crowd than the past couple of seasons have had. Big shame. Missing Donna even more now.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 am

The new trailer just makes me happy. It's a bit silly in places but it's just so exciting and young and new! I can't imagine seeing it on the big screen in 3D! I wish we could.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:28 pm

I kind of hope that swirly vortex they were in will be the new credits vortex. Well, if there is a new credits sequence. The recently released promo pic makes sense now, lol.

Kind of a cheesy trailer (the one that just came out), but it wasn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I've watched that new trailer 6 times now. I love it. I love how they've gone for a more Tom Baker era styled vortex. Can't wait!

!Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 Vortex

And apparently, the Daleks will be appearing sooner than we thought. Episode three, infact, in "Victory of the Daleks" (sorry if someone already discussed that, I haven't exactly read the whole thread. I tend to stick to the CO area, myself).
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Cheesy? maybe. Loved it? Definitely.

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Wasn't thrilled with the trailer, but I am excited about the new shows that are coming.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 pm

liked the first trailer a bit more but I am really getting quite excited about the spring. A new doctor a new chapter in this long running series...I know I'll be watching.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Watched the trailer another time. Have to admit I liked it a little more on the second viewing. Was it me or did they not play the DW theme music during this preview?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
Was it me or did they not play the DW theme music during this preview?

They played the Series 4 theme at the end when they show the logo. Took me about 4 viewings before I noticed Smile
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Not sure I liked the "Alice down the rabbit hole" style promo. 1st trailer was a nice preview. This 2nd thing makes me wonder if we're going to be enjoying some special tea for trips without the Tardis.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Just to be a geek, but I thought there was no oxygen in the vortex? Its space between different dimensions in time and space, right?
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I watched the trailer for the third time late last night. I have to admit that every time I watch it I seem to like it more. I heard the theme music at the very end briefly (don't blink) and I still get a kick out of characters who say "Doctor Who?" As far as the vortex is concerned, I don't think the viewer is supposed to take that part so literally. Notice how the Doctor and Amy end up where they started so I doubt that all of that activity actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

scarywood wrote:
Just to be a geek, but I thought there was no oxygen in the vortex? Its space between different dimensions in time and space, right?
Depends on whether or not there's a giant face in the vortex - if that's the case, you have all the oxygen you need (see "The Time Monster" part 6). Since there was a giant lizard face popping out of the vortex at the end, it's all good!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Earl Green wrote:
scarywood wrote:
Depends on whether or not there's a giant face in the vortex - if that's the case, you have all the oxygen you need (see "The Time Monster" part 6). Since there was a giant lizard face popping out of the vortex at the end, it's all good!

I thought the lizard face came from under neath the ground. It looks like I'm going to have to watch the trailer again.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

The Doctor and Amy looking up at the sky saying "we can go anywhere" to me seems a little misleading, when most or probably even all of the episodes are going to take place on Earth.

Do any of you spoiler hounds know if any episode takes place on another planet?

jfh1970 wrote:
Earl Green wrote:
Since there was a giant lizard face popping out of the vortex at the end, it's all good!

I thought the lizard face came from under neath the ground. It looks like I'm going to have to watch the trailer again.

The vortex was under the ground, too. So you are both right Laughing
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:50 pm

I hear you about the earth based stories. It seems every series always has some historic figure pop up as well. Let's see we've had: Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, Madame de Pompadour , Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria, Agatha Christie.

Van Gogh is going to be appearing in the new series so the tradition continues. Not that I'm complaining mind you.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 am

I would like to see more stories set in the past, personally. For that matter, I'd like to see a few more "pure" historicals in which there aren't any aliens or monsters (like they did in the early days of the classic series). They've got a great writing staff and a big enough budget to do effective period pieces...why not try it a time or two and see if the audience responds?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 am

Could you see the 11th Doctor showing up at the A-Bomb tests? The way he dresses he could fit in. And it could educate the modern audiences about something we were afraid of growing up.

Last edited by Hoosier Whovian on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:14 am

I forgot to mention that I read that Winston Churchill will be making an appearance in the new series as well. Not sure if this has been confirmed or not.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm pretty happy that Van G. is going to be in s.5. So many people really just know him as the guy who chopped off his ear...he was so much more than that...a very complex, tormented chap for sure..but a brilliant artist. Shame he never lived to experience his success.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm pretty sure the Van Gogh episode is Series 6. That's the one Neil Gaiman's writing. It was originally this year but got pushed back to next.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!   !Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 pm

rdks wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Van Gogh episode is Series 6. That's the one Neil Gaiman's writing. It was originally this year but got pushed back to next.

Not to be a pain, but they already filmed this story. They even had pictures on the DW Newspage. Plus Bill Nighy is going to be in it as well.
Back to top Go down

!Spoilers! Series 5 trailer !Spoilers!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next