Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm Empty
PostSubject: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyThu May 03, 2007 10:43 am

SciFi announced that the new series will begin airing July 6th at 9:00pm (not sure what time zone). It's not October or anything, but it still feels a long way off, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyThu May 03, 2007 12:49 pm

You think that is bad. Try running for public office. I am unopposed in my primary, but I am on pins and needles on who I will be facing in the general election. The primary is over this coming Tuesday and I am already wanting it to be over.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Looks like the party will start early on the 6th for the Doctor. This is the way Sci-Fi has the schedule set. All times are Eastern...

08:00 AM RISE OF THE CYBERMEN - PT 1
09:00 AM THE AGE OF STEEL - PT 2
10:00AM THE IMPOSSIBLE PLANET
11:00AM THE SATAN PIT
12:00PM LOVE AND MONSTERS
01:00PM FEAR HER
02:00PM ARMY OF GHOSTS
03:00PM DOOMSDAY

08:00PM THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
09:00PM SMITH AND JONES (Season 3 Ep1)

Three Companions in one day with just enough time between to grab a bite!! Looks like I'll be needing to extend my 4th into the weekend.

Forgot to add the link, just in case anybody wants it...
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=6-JUL-2007&feed_req=US:Eastern:E
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:59 pm

as previously I wonder if the series running will be a commercial for the series 3 dvd release? This will give us a date to mark on the calenders!
Back to top Go down
TallGrrl
TallGrrl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 10:57 am

Boy amd I glad I "fly BT Airlines" Wink
I've seen all three seasons of Doctor Who and I LOVE IT!!! Very Happy
(I watched Tom Baker as Doctor Who while I was in college. A long, long long time ago, younglings. On a local PBS station in San Francisco. Bless you, KQED.)
Watching the series on commercial TV in the States is absolute TORTURE.
Picture, if you will, an ice skater gliding along the ice.
Now, imagine the ice has chunks of crap sticking out of it.
Not so smooth a skate, is it?
That's what it's like watching an episode of Doctor Who (or anything) on TV here. The commercial breaks (or "chunks of crap") are put in with NO regard to flow of the story. They put them in when ads are set to air during the program.
Doctor Who is meant to be viewed with no breaks. It's not written with breaks factored in...like American TV programming.
When a break comes in at the wrong time, it immediately takes you out of the story.
Plus there's that pesky Editing for Content thing that happens here.
We're just now getting "Blink" (one of my favorite episodes!) tonight, but at the beginning of "Human Nature", there's the scene where the Doctor and Martha burst into the TARDIS and the Doctor gives some instruction to Martha, then has his true identity put into The Watch.
That whole opening was cut, and the episode started in 1913 at the school where the Doctor is a teacher and Martha is his longtime servant and a maid at the school. WTF!? Shocked
I guess I should be grateful we're seeing the show at all here...but it just kills me that we're not getting the show as originally intended.
BT Airlines Rules!!! I've already seen Torchwood Season One (Heaven help us they should try to show it here.) and I can't wait for Season Two.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 3:32 pm

TallGrrl wrote:
Boy amd I glad I "fly BT Airlines" Wink
I've seen all three seasons of Doctor Who and I LOVE IT!!! Very Happy

Glad to hear someone else who likes their eps uncut. Let me point you somewhere current you might have missed...

Season 3 Episode Discussion

TallGrrl wrote:
I've already seen Torchwood Season One (Heaven help us they should try to show it here.) and I can't wait for Season Two.

Too late...it's here and it's airing on BBCA.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 6:35 pm

for some of us it's just "beggars can't be choosers".
Back to top Go down
TallGrrl
TallGrrl

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm   Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 1:12 pm

TallGrrl wrote:
I've already seen Torchwood Season One (Heaven help us they should try to show it here.) and I can't wait for Season Two.

Quote :
Too late...it's here and it's airing on BBCA.

Thanks for the link! I hadn't yet gotten that far into the boards.

Regarding Torchwood being aired in the U.S.? BBCA is different from SciFi or non-cable TV.
If it's pay cable (i.e. HBO, Showtime) or Digital (which is the only way you can see BBCA) you're more likely to get uncensored faire.
If BBCA is still BBC, then I'm expecting no cutting for content.
I think I heard that the show would be cut to fit into the timeslot length. Do they show commercials on BBCA?
It also seems to me that I heard they were trying to figure out a way to get Torchwood for SciFi Channel. I would hope that if they did that, they'd show it in the 10pm timeslot, put the disclaimer/caveat in before it runs and leave it the hell alone.
Anyone seen the BBCA broadcast yet?
Any comparisons with the BBC straight-no-chaser version?
Back to top Go down

Series 3 USA - July 6th 9:00pm
Page 1 of 1