19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD Empty
PostSubject: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:46 pm

How's this for big news?

Fox to Make US Version of Torchwood

Thoughts? Remember that this probably has a better shot at being done right as opposed to Who, which was being restarted after years of being off TV. Torchwood is a current franchise and might fit in better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Although the title should be more specific, it's already being discussed in the "rumour mill" thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Only if they do a Fringe Crossover! Could you see Walter and Capt Jack in a scene together?
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Sorry but I will not watch Americanized versions of Brit shows I love (e.g., Being Human, Torchwood, Life on Mars, Blackpool, etc.). They mucked up Doctor Who's return (McGann I enjoyed but the Master was a total dud) and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same with this.
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Only if they do a Fringe Crossover! Could you see Walter and Capt Jack in a scene together?

But at the same time I would completely dread an Olivia/Peter/Jack love triangle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Nocturniah wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:

But at the same time I would completely dread an Olivia/Peter/Jack love triangle.

I think Peter would put a bullet in Jack if he tried to kiss him.
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am

What good would that do though?
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 am

Newton Gimmick wrote:
What good would that do though?

Oh yeah, forgot about 'that' I havent watched Torchwood since series one, I just dont care for it.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Hmm. This might be ok as long as it's a actually a spin-off. You could do Torchwood America without needing to remake anything or take away from the BBC version. It's like CSI: Miami and the original CSI.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 am

yeah, but, anyone else remember the "american" red dwarf? thank god it never got released
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Kinda sorta off-topic, but John Barrowman was on Desperate Housewives tonight as a crazy police detective. I heard he was going to be on the show, but not when.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Kinda sorta off-topic, but John Barrowman was on Desperate Housewives tonight as a crazy police detective. I heard he was going to be on the show, but not when.

Wish I caught that. I used to watch DH a long time ago, but I lost interest with it quickly. Can't believe it's still on. It would've been nice to have seen Barrowman playing a different character since I'm so used to him as Captain Jack.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 am

There's a short item about this in this week's Entertainment Weekly ("Satan Relocates to Wisteria Lane"...apparently the character is quite the villian). Barrowman is also asked about the U.S. Torchwood (the assumption is he'll be in it) and whether he thinks Captain Jack will be "de-gayed for American audiences." (He's not for it.)
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 pm

I would be very surprised if Captain Jack wasn't changed in some way to satisfy the prim and proper types that watch tv these days. I'm sure he'll still be gay, but the audience will not see as much detail about it that was provided in the original TW. Probably something similar to what's going on with Fish and Kyle on One Life To Live I would think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Ah man! Keep British stuff British! You already robbed Cadburys LOL! Very Happy No, it should be interesting to watch. I just have a feeling I won't like it, especially if non of the original Torchwood characters are part of the cast.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:

I just sat through one brutal hour of that show just to see him.

He was shown in the last 4 seconds. Mad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:15 pm

He had a scene before the very end also. he puts his hand through a window to threaten some lady.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 pm

rdks wrote:

I just sat through one brutal hour of that show just to see him.

I guess I'm not missing much by not tuning in any more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I would be very surprised if Captain Jack wasn't changed in some way to satisfy the prim and proper types that watch tv these days.

I just can't see Fox cancelling Jack Bauer to replace him with Captain Jack.

Although teaming them up would be a riot.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 am

This will suck. . .everything fox touches sucks. . .
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm

I'll give an American Torchwood a chance...but usually when they try to Americanize British shows, it doesn't work out well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 pm

two words: red dwarf. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
two words: red dwarf. nuff said.

I don't even remember this being on the air. Just shows how great it was. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Well, I love The Office, so you never know....
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Well, I love The Office, so you never know....

The one notable exception! Good show in both settings, so maybe there's a chance, if a slim one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette

FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next