cinnur
jonwes
terrasolo
Christian
CJSchmidt
10 posters

Time Lords
Gone for good
Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_lcap5%Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Returning baddies
Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_lcap15%Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
One or two might pop up (good or bad)
Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_lcap50%Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Will come back as good guys
Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_lcap0%Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
New form of Time Lords
Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_lcap30%Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Well, RTD brought them back, made them evil, and cast them away again, making it all that much harder to bring them back for good later on down the line. How will they do it? Will they do it? Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I say season 6 we'll see them return... they'll be bad guys like the way they were adversaries of the Doctor of old... Like the 3rd Doctor era, always meddling with his life... maybe worse.. but they'll come back with the Master you mark my words.... He went off with them and he'll bring them back...
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I agree that I think they will be back, but I think it will be a mix bag of good and bad. I don't think that RTD made them bad at all, I think they made them doing what anyone facing death would do, try to cheat it. Try to survive.

I think they were war torn and a bit shell shocked for lack of a better term. After all they have been observers for many years and then to suddenly be in this was must have been a heck of a shock. They resurrected Rassilon and the Master, so they were not thinking straight.

They'll be back and be darker than before, but not totally evil. More like they were in the Troughton era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm

I wonder if they might not return in another form some day. I can't imagine they're gone forever. If the woman in white could send message through the time lock... I'm guessing there has to be some way of them communicating with others and maybe manipulating them.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Here's an idea. Time Lords are Gallifreyians who have looked into the untempered schism, been imbued with the power of time, and have the technology to travel through time. What if the Ood, Jenny, or some lost Time Lord decided to form a council of Time Lords by choosing the wisest from each race and knighting them Lords of Time? Kind of like the Green Lanterns Corp of Time and Space.

I think I'd rather see the Doctor go on some epic quest to redeem his people and bring them back in some form. He could lock the Eye of Harmony and strip them of their power. Maybe it could be a season long story to shake things up in a few years.

Whatever they do, I'm hoping the events of "The End of Time" scattered some Time Lord artifacts around the universe. The people might be jerks, but the history and backstory is too fascinating to ignore forever.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Plus RTD made it so difficult to get out of a Time Lock, where as Moff easily explained two hard to explain facts in Time Crash with a simple sentence. I'm sure Moffatt can make their return grand or very simple.

I do hope they return, not that we need to see them a lot, but prefer the Doctor when he is not Superman in space. I really liked RTDs era, but would rather see the Time Lord back. They were good for making him do things, which we don't see here. And if they can restore it back to the 60's situation, I like that he was running from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:02 pm

The spitting Rasilon appears to have become corrupted, evil seems a bit strong, so it does not mean that all timelords are following his lead.

A civil war idea could be interesting.
I could not choose an option in your poll.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes, the Spit of Rassilon!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 pm

imo, they were always bad guys, and that's why the doctor was running away from gallifrey.

they made him regenerate into #3, and possibly be an assassin for them(6b). then they stuck him on earth(#3). only when he saved them did they let him off(the three doctors). then they tried to put him on trial(#6).

during the end of time, you have to know that they were in the middle of war, and willing to do anything to win that war. step 1 was probably resurrecting rassilon, so that they would have a great leader who would know how to stop the daleks when no one else could. step 2(imo) was implanting the drums in the master's head. step 3 was resurrecting the master. they knew he would run away and not fight in the war(that's his way), but they were counting on that. country's, or races will do anything to win a war they feel is just, even if it means becoming worse than the enemy that attacked them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Here's an idea. Time Lords are Gallifreyians who have looked into the untempered schism, been imbued with the power of time, and have the technology to travel through time. What if the Ood, Jenny, or some lost Time Lord decided to form a council of Time Lords by choosing the wisest from each race and knighting them Lords of Time? Kind of like the Green Lanterns Corp of Time and Space.

I think I'd rather see the Doctor go on some epic quest to redeem his people and bring them back in some form. He could lock the Eye of Harmony and strip them of their power. Maybe it could be a season long story to shake things up in a few years.

Whatever they do, I'm hoping the events of "The End of Time" scattered some Time Lord artifacts around the universe. The people might be jerks, but the history and backstory is too fascinating to ignore forever.

I like the idea of a "Time Lord Council" made up of time-sensitive aliens and led by, oh, I don't know, Romana, with the Tharils, and Ood. Sort of like Luke rebuilding the Jedi in the books!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 am

hmm what about the matrix from the deadly assasin- it stored the essence of poor ol dead timelords- but could this object have survived? Then the matrix- could reboot the dead fellas...I dunno...just thinking which is a dangerous thing...I will stop now...
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:34 am

greenk9 wrote:
hmm what about the matrix from the deadly assasin- it stored the essence of poor ol dead timelords- but could this object have survived? Then the matrix- could reboot the dead fellas...I dunno...just thinking which is a dangerous thing...I will stop now...

That was the plan in 'The Gallifrey Chronicles', the 8th Doctor without memory had no memory cause Compassion replaced it with the Matrix APC net...
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:06 am

ooh- that sounds good- I have to get more 8th doc novels christian...just listened to shada the other day with mcgann. I do so wish- I have said this before...that they bring romanna back somehow- moffat- are you lurking these posts????
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:16 am

Keep them gone. That is all I am going to say on this subject. Flashbacks are ok though.
Back to top Go down
gunzlingr
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

I would only bring them back as a few scattered people here and there. Like the Monk and the timelord from Armageddon Factor- a few stragglers and refugees from the time war.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 pm

gunzlingr wrote:
I would only bring them back as a few scattered people here and there. Like the Monk and the timelord from Armageddon Factor- a few stragglers and refugees from the time war.

As a fan I could be quite happy with that one. Like the Rani and such. Maybe do something with the WarChief like they did in the Time Wyrm series.
Back to top Go down
Kuroba

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]   Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers] EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:36 am

in Silence in the Library, the Doctor said that Charlotte having 4000 odd people in her head "must be like being, well, me."
I assume that was a reference to the Gallifrey Chronicles.
Back to top Go down

Time Lord Speculation. [Spoilers]
Page 1 of 1