gregtdj
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 pm

The Master. Known to old series and new series viewers as a rogue or evil time lord. Possibly the most noted of the entire series. But allow me to share my surprise with you, as the new series has not only referenced the other rogue time lords, but even put up a gallery complete with information on each of them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/galleries/gallery_time_lords_rogues

Anybody missing from the list?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Depends on the definition... I always got the impression the Time Lords classified anyone that left Gallifrey without official sanction as a rogue... rogue meaning more 'doing their own thing' versus 'doing evil things'.

So in that regard, K'anpo and Drax would be considered rogues... even Romana, since she refused to return home from E-Space.

For an 'evil' gallery, I think they pretty much got all the Time Lord and Lady baddies... but I would also put The Valeyard up there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:51 am

I think Morbius would be top of the evil list. He did try to take over the whole of Timelord society and wanted to wage galactic war.

Borusa just went bananas after all those regenerations.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
... but I would also put The Valeyard up there.

I was thinking that very thing myself, unless they don't consider him worthy of mention.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:47 pm

i think we should start a valeyard thread by itself. i'm a huge fan, and until i started noticing all the posts in different forums here, did i realize that i wasn't the only one. i thought that was the most brilliant piece of writing in the 80's(especially the entire trial of a time lord). i kept watching the show back then, hoping they would bring him back, but they never did. it was so intruiging to me that someone as good as the doctor could turn so evil, and then try to kill himself! just one of the great things about regenerations, time travel, and the different personalities that timelords have.
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:06 am

............very interesting..........................................................
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:44 pm

The Master. Hands down. The potential consequences from "Frontier in Space" alone shows how dangerous he can be.
Back to top Go down
memnoch
memnoch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Isn't the Doctor technically considered a rogue as well?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.   Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever. EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 pm

I was always under the impression that the Doctor was considered rogue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Greatest Rogue Time Lord. Ever.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: