batbot35
7 posters
AuthorMessage
batbot35
batbot35

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Issues with K-9, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 1:30 pm

I'm wondering whether I have a faulty 1/4 size K9 or whether this is just a common thing.

K9 moves fine when he's going forwards and backwards, but VERY often, if I try to turn him left or right, he acts like he's got low batteries or something, and doesn't turn. If I try the old "one stick forward, one stick back", he sometimes makes a quick turn, and other times just dies and doesn't move, although you can hear the motor.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the batteries were low, but they are brand-spankin new out of the pack.

Just trying to decide whether to get an exchange. Any help greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
work4dvd
work4dvd

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Are you using him on carpet? Mine does what you've described on carpet, but is fine on tile or wood floors.
Back to top Go down
batbot35
batbot35

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 2:35 pm

I've tried both, actually, and he seems to work BETTER on carpet. My gut feeling is that he's damaged. The controller was scratched on the back when I opened it, and I'm wondering if somebody got overzealous during the "testing phase" at the toy company!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Funny enough mine is in perfect shape and I dont want him. He is in the adoption agency at Ebay right now, so hopefully he will get a new home. Figures that I dont want him so he is perfect.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Mine works great.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Sounds like a faulty unit. Is it too late to return it to the purchaser?
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 12:36 pm

What sort of a return policy for K-9 does WhoNA have if he's defective?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
onlynorris
onlynorris

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 2:49 pm

I have had that. it just a stops sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/onlynorris
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Issues with K-9, anyone?   Issues with K-9, anyone? EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Wow, I won't be able to get K9 to work at all as I can't even open the damn battery case for the remote control. God, these screws are just so damn cheap. They strip so easily!

Edit: Turns out, I just had to lever the lid off. I am definitely not screwing it back down though!

It sure as heck wasn't as much of a pain in the butt when one of the screws that held K9 down was stripped. I had to turn K9 in order to loosen the screw!

K9 himself works fantastically. My only gripe is that the wheels sometimes click noisily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/

Issues with K-9, anyone?
Page 1 of 1