Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Big Finish DW Relaunch Empty
PostSubject: Big Finish DW Relaunch   Big Finish DW Relaunch EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 am

Is anyone else feeling a bit disappointed with the so called new format change of the upcoming relaunch of the audio series?

Granted it is still pending the first release, however I had hoped when this idea surfaced that they would streamline the monthly release that it would be brought down to a single disk per month, both for story length as well as for cost.

The main story will on average now be three twenty-five minute parts which could easily fit onto a single disk, but BF goes and sticks on a single episode story of twenty-five minutes and bang, back up to a two disk four episodes a month of production. For the most part thins stay the same.

It almost seems to me that BF is trying to keep up the production tonnage per month, and the monthly cost of the release.
Sort of like quantity over quality to me.

Thought anyone?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Finish DW Relaunch   Big Finish DW Relaunch EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 am

Well the main change was their covers. they have a new cover style, which I'm sure helps them greatly as they don't need to try to keep finding new pictures of the Doctors to use.

But they didn't change their format, there are just 3 releases this year that will make use of the 3 part stories with a one part on the same release. others will still be the classic 4 part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
rplath

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Big Finish DW Relaunch   Big Finish DW Relaunch EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 12:25 pm

I really wish BF would go to single-disc stories per month. It'd be cheaper to the consumer and hopefully lure in the new fans who aren't yet willing to invest in the older, slower story format. The new Paul McGann radio series seems to be the format that would best suit the audios.

I'm also tired of the endless special series they do. The Doctor-less series have all been a bit shaky. Unbound wasn't all that good, nor was UNIT or Gallifrey. The only ones I've enjoyed have been Dalek Empire (although the third series of those was too long and not all that good) and Cyberman, which was decent.

The only other BF series to really keep up any kind of quality have been the Sapphire and Steel audios, which are of very high quality and far more extreme than the TV show!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Finish DW Relaunch   Big Finish DW Relaunch EmptySun Mar 11, 2007 1:37 pm

rplath wrote:
I really wish BF would go to single-disc stories per month. It'd be cheaper to the consumer and hopefully lure in the new fans who aren't yet willing to invest in the older, slower story format. The new Paul McGann radio series seems to be the format that would best suit the audios.

I'm also tired of the endless special series they do. The Doctor-less series have all been a bit shaky. Unbound wasn't all that good, nor was UNIT or Gallifrey. The only ones I've enjoyed have been Dalek Empire (although the third series of those was too long and not all that good) and Cyberman, which was decent.

The only other BF series to really keep up any kind of quality have been the Sapphire and Steel audios, which are of very high quality and far more extreme than the TV show!

I usually only get the Doctor Who range my self, but I did pick up the unbound and the cyberman series and I have to say that Sympathy for the Devil has to be one of the best stories. However it couldn't have worked so well without the pertwee era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com

Big Finish DW Relaunch
Page 1 of 1