jonwes
Who North America
CJSchmidt
Tara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 8:50 pm

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tara

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Sounds great! WhoNA, any idea when you might be getting the rest of your shipment of these? I missed them the first time around. Sad
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 9:46 pm

How does the paint job look? I saw them pop up on whona a week or so ago and couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger (then they sold out). From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the single dalek figure was much more detailed than the ones that came in the genesis pack. I haven't seen any close ups of the genesis daleks, I'd love to hear how you think they compare.

Genesis Ark Review Dalekmutant Genesis Ark Review DW-CO-FIG-ARK-GIFT
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 10:15 pm

Tara wrote:
Sounds great! WhoNA, any idea when you might be getting the rest of your shipment of these? I missed them the first time around. Sad

Not sure, but we keep following up on them...240 more still to arrive.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 pm

cjschmidt,

I was one of the ones that snapped the Ark set when it came to WhoNa (after not being interested in it much previously) and it's a great set. I've never been a huge Dalek fan really, but it does look great to build an army.

As for the paint jobs, the only Dalek I have to compare them to is the gold RC Dalek that was packed as a single figure (not the battle pack).

BUT, the Ark set Daleks are actually MORE detailed in their paint jobs. The color of gold is slightly different, being slightly more bronze. The really nice detail though is that all the little rivets are painted silver, whereas they were left the same color as the surrounding peices on the RC Dalek (and no, I didn't notice this right off the bat - I only looked when you asked).

The Ark set Daleks do "feel" less substantial just because they are pretty much hollow, but they don't look cheap. And for my money, the Ark itself is amazing. The paint they used lookes great, and I love the clear plastic bits on it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 1:35 am

Oh, I can't wait to get that set! I don't have any Daleks except the 12" RC Dalek Sec. I need to get some of the mini RC ones too...
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:21 am

I won't let the next shipment get by me next time, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:24 am

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tbowden
tbowden

Number of posts : 44

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Definitely looking forward to this set of figs coming back in stock... can't wait to have a lil mini war/smack talk session with my cybermen and these dalek figs.

I'm such a dork. lol!
Back to top Go down
NewtonDKC
NewtonDKC

Number of posts : 1376

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm

DOn't feel bad tbowden - when it comes to WHo toys we've all got a little "dork" in us. Witness my smack down as the Cybermen and Daleks battle in the Hyperion Hotel from Angel! :-)

Genesis Ark Review DaleksvsCybermen
Back to top Go down
tbowden
tbowden

Number of posts : 44

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptySat Feb 03, 2007 1:42 pm

That's great! Did you make that set of the Hyperion yourself? Awesome work if you did!

We should start an Action Figure Theater type thread where we show off our figs battling it out or something... lol ...oh the possibilities! Smile
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyWed Feb 07, 2007 5:34 pm

The new sculpt of these Daleks is better than the RC sculpt. And the heads finally turn! The arms also have a larger radius of movement and are poseable.

Also, if you like the old RC eye better, as I do, you can switch eyes easily!

The Ark itself is very simple but elegantly painted and looks great.
Back to top Go down
Saveloy
Saveloy

Registration date : 2007-02-21

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 8:01 am

Does it require much force to pop out the plunger and gun arm?

My son bought this yesterday with his birthday money and we gave up trying to remove them for fear of breaking them. The eye stalks don't seem to be a problem but the other two just didn't want to budge.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saveloy
Saveloy

Registration date : 2007-02-21

Genesis Ark Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Ark Review   Genesis Ark Review EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Heh, thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.

[edit:] Yep, works a treat! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Genesis Ark Review
Page 1 of 1