11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? Empty
PostSubject: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:12 am

So far since the series has been revived, The Doctor has encountered...

Season 1 - Charles Dickens
Season 2 - Madame de Pompadour
Season 3 - William Shakespeare
Season 4 - Agatha Christie
Season 5 - ???

So who would you like to see as the historical "guest star" for series 5?

Tossing my own idea out there, and in keeping with the predominant author theme, I think it would be pretty cool if he ran into Ian Flemming at the height of his intelligence career.

The Doctor would seem to be a no-brainer as the inspiration for a certian super-spy don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:39 am

That would be an interesting one.

I am thinking maybe Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

It would be a good part for Colin Baker
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:31 am

Well, in Series 2, I think that Queen Victoria was the historical guest star. I'd like to see Cleopatra, the last pharoh of Egypt or Queen Elizabeth I, since we saw her in Series 3 at the end of 'The Shakespeare Code' it'll be interesting to see why he's her enemy.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:03 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
Well, in Series 2, I think that Queen Victoria was the historical guest star. I'd like to see Cleopatra, the last pharoh of Egypt or Queen Elizabeth I, since we saw her in Series 3 at the end of 'The Shakespeare Code' it'll be interesting to see why he's her enemy.

Yeah, I forgot all about Queen Victoria, but there was a real Madame de Pompadour. Girl in the Fireplace stuck out in my mind more than Tooth and Claw.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Clavius wrote:
DoctorOlly wrote:

Yeah, I forgot all about Queen Victoria, but there was a real Madame de Pompadour. Girl in the Fireplace stuck out in my mind more than Tooth and Claw.

There was a real Madame De Pompador? Wow, that's interesting! I thought it was a made up character.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Cleo would be great...dr.olly!
As for another historical figure, i would like him to meet attila the hun or amelia earnheart- now that's two names no one has heard together in one sentance..
The doc bragged of meeting davinci so that would be really neat fella I would love to meet.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 11:58 am

Well in the Shakespeare Code, Queen Elizabeth didn't seem to pleased to see him so I'd like to see one on that before DT leaves for good. Maybe Leonardo Da Vinci (I don't think we actually ever saw the two on screen, just references (a nod to the Classic show)). Conan Doyle (as mentioned above) is also a good one.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 12:14 pm

not that it matters but conan doyle was met in one of the books I believe and you are rtight leo in the 4th doc ep. I don't have anyone right now. It's tricky but it's better if the famous person whathaveyou has a point where a doctor visit is very plausible.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:44 pm

greenk9 wrote:
As for another historical figure, i would like him to meet attila the hun or amelia earnheart- now that's two names no one has heard together in one sentance.

LakeErieMonster wrote:
It's tricky but it's better if the famous person whathaveyou has a point where a doctor visit is very plausible.

Based on those two statements, I could see him meeting Amelia Earheart, AFTER her disappearance. Would leave the tale open to be told in any fashion as it wouldn't really change history. And it would be a little different outcome since it wouldn't be one of knowing her fate and not being able to change it, merely allowing her to choose to stay lost to history.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm

But we know what happened to Earheart... she ended up in the Delta Quadrant and met Captain Janeway! Smile

I do think she'd be cool to visit.
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Those are some great choices...I'd also like to see Queen Liz I and Amelia Earheart.

I'd maybe like to see...Bram Stoker and/or possibly Mary Shelly as well?
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 8:44 pm

ooh mary shelley would be a really god one koenig67. I would love to see the doc meet Edgar Allen Poe written by Moffat - turn creepy meter up to 11!
I have a brother who loves the civil war history...
How about Abe Lincoln? They touched onthe war in the wars games years back (Pat T) with bad american accents but it would be cool for them to do more historical stuff with a who twist (naturally).
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Mary shelly would be very good!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:40 am

How about the Geico Gekko?

:doc10: "Oh look your a little chap, I like a little chap" :doc10:
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:12 am

Oddly, I was watching the Girl in the Fireplace and they mentioned the Doctor had met Cleopatra, and according to Mickey "He called her Cleo!"
Also, I watching Planet of Evil yesterday, and the Doctor had met Shakespeare before, but if he had only met Shakespeare in his future regeneration, then he wouldn't have known. And Shakespeare might have recognised the name, The Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:16 am

He also mentions to Countess Scarlioni that he recognizes the handwriting on a work, to which the countess says, "Shakespeares!", The Doctor replies, "No mine, he sprained his wrist writing sonnets." :doc4:
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 am

DoctorOlly wrote:
Also, I watching Planet of Evil yesterday, and the Doctor had met Shakespeare before, but if he had only met Shakespeare in his future regeneration, then he wouldn't have known. And Shakespeare might have recognised the name, The Doctor.

Not if he met up with Shakespeare at a later point in his life as one doctor and then earlier in his life as the tenth doctor.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 am

gregtdj wrote:
DoctorOlly wrote:

Not if he met up with Shakespeare at a later point in his life as one doctor and then earlier in his life as the tenth doctor.

Oh, yeah. That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:34 pm

The Doctor reencountering some of the historical figures he's name
dropped over the years might be interesting.

Other ideas that could be fun/interesting:

1. The Beatles-particularly 1967 Sgt. Pepper/Summer of Love era
2. Theodore Roosevelt
3. Lewis Carrol
4. Winston Churchill
5. Adolph Hitler-The Doctor has dealt with so many Daleks that
maybe he should meet up with flesh and blood
fascists. I don't count the Neo-Nazis from "Silver
Nemesis".
6. Joan of Arc
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:09 pm

PJR-
being a fan of the beatles myself I would love that very much. The beatles made a stock film cameo in a hartnell episode...oh was it the chase? To lazy to look it up on wikipedia. The sgt. Pepper era would be fantastic. Like to see DT dressed in a sgt. pepper outfit- fit right in I'd imagine. Got the hair right for sure! The Doc could also visit the Abbey Road era...where Paul was dead...according to Beatles mythos. Could have a little sci fi fun with that one.

As for Teddy Roosevelt maybe there is a mystery surrounding his perfect teeth...just kidding. Would you like to see Teddy during his rough riding years or during the presidency-pjr?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Ah yes, :dalek: The Executioners was the episode where the fimed insert appeared. In fact there was a head to head with the Beatles and the Doctor defeated them in the ratings! :doc1:

Sgt Pepper outfit? Do we really need ANOTHER DT variant figure? The Tuxedo outfit is still waiting its turn.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:34 am

8th met up with Winston in the book series
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:13 am

Henry VIII?? That has a little potential I suppose.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 pm

pjr wrote:

3. Lewis Carrol

I would enjoy that one. Imagine "Through the looking glass" being a phrase coined from his visit or dealings with other dimensional beings, and his time with the Doctor. Given his mathematician background it would make for a possible epiphany between the two for whatever they were dealing with, much like Agatha Christie.
pjr wrote:

6. Joan of Arc
Like this one too. The voice of God really is other worldly, and she's been used to lead the world to it's end.

So many possibilities...and if your going off people he claimed to meet, what about Einstein*? Total opportunity for a stammering Doctor moment as he gets beat to a realization.

(*stones of blood)
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?   Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 pm

well he sort of will get to see Einstein...Tennant will be playing Eddington....

Anyway...

gregtdj- That would be a fab idea!!! Einstein would be a brain vs brain- would like to see the doc be outsmarted.
Back to top Go down

Who should The Doctor meet in Series 5?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: