Evil Monkey Pope
DoctorOlly
forbidden_moose
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:57 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
But he didn't scream it, did he? The second and third time it was more of a whisper, in awe type thing... like he wanted to say something else, but couldn't. Like he wanted to tell him how the Doctor was his hero and how he was just so grateful for all the thing that the Doctor had done... but couldn't express it.

You're probably right about the non-screaming now that I think of it. It's just that he kept saying it...I stand by my original comment of "Get a grip, man!" Wink

I agree with your interpretation of his comments. And Lee Evans certainly gave a more nuanced performance than Michelle Ryan did, that's for sure.

Did you say you feel silly for writing fanfics? Don't feel that way. We all do it to some extent. You're braver than most for actually posting your stuff.

Yeah, but still, it's Malcolm... can't help but love him. Very Happy I honestly think that the Doctor came back at a later time to meet Malcolm and talk to him about things. It seems like the two would get along really well and after Malcolm's initial excitment wore off, I think he'd be a great friend to the Doctor.

The reason I feel silly for writing fics is what I write about. A lot of the fics I see where I usually dwell involve romantic relationships of sorts (typically with the 10th Doctor or 10.5 and especially of 11/Amy) where mine only venture into friendship. And while that in itself isn't typically a cause to consider my fics silly, the fact that I write about a few select Daleks the way I do definitely puts me into the, "Oh... you have no idea about this 'Doctor Who' business, do you?," category. :/

I'm not that brave. I've only posted one of my Dalek fics to a Dalek communities but none of the others. I'm getting close to posting three 500wc "drabbles" for a challenge on one comm that involve Dalek Gemini and 3 different Doctors. I'm very eager about how the first one will be recieved, as it's very playful and it involves the 4th Doctor. But I'm terribly shy at posting it right now. I've already been criticized for Gemini, and that was a story that I kept only for my friends and I to read and I don't know how that random person found it. So I'm not as brave as I appear.
~
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

I loathed Planet Of The Dead. Hated the jewel thief chick in the way I hate Mara Jade. She was just overly cool and ubercompetent. Completely boring.

I loved Midnight. One of my favorite episodes as well. So creepy! I'm surprised people don't like Fear Her and Love and Monsters either. The Next Doctor was fun as well - just watched that over the other night.

Out of the new series, my least favorite episodes are Daleks In Manhatten/Evolution Of The Daleks, and Last Of The Time Lords.

For the 11th Doc, it's a toss up between Victory of The Daleks (which I only forgive because of the Mustangs in space) and that awful two-parter with the angels.

I haven't seen enough of the classic episodes yet to give an informed opinion on them, I believe. I recently watched The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors, and liked The Five better. Though The Three wasn't terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
I recently watched The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors, and liked The Five better. Though The Three wasn't terrible.

Seeing that you're mentioning multi Doctor stories I have to admit that I enjoy The Two Doctors quite a bit. It's a guilty pleasure of mine even though a lot of people don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
I loathed Planet Of The Dead. Hated the jewel thief chick in the way I hate Mara Jade. She was just overly cool and ubercompetent. Completely boring.

I loved Midnight. One of my favorite episodes as well. So creepy! I'm surprised people don't like Fear Her and Love and Monsters either. The Next Doctor was fun as well - just watched that over the other night.

Out of the new series, my least favorite episodes are Daleks In Manhatten/Evolution Of The Daleks, and Last Of The Time Lords.

For the 11th Doc, it's a toss up between Victory of The Daleks (which I only forgive because of the Mustangs in space) and that awful two-parter with the angels.

I haven't seen enough of the classic episodes yet to give an informed opinion on them, I believe. I recently watched The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors, and liked The Five better. Though The Three wasn't terrible.

They weren't P-51s but Spitfires. The Brits didn't have the Mustang... though the Mustang was based off the Spitfire. Wink
~
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Gah! My face is red. They even called them spitfires in the episode, now that I think of it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
Gah! My face is red. They even called them spitfires in the episode, now that I think of it.

No worries, it's easy to mix them up! Very Happy

That episode wasn't my favourite, in fact, I don't think I've liked any of the new series. I love Daleks, but what they did to the RTD era Daleks was just too upsetting for me. :/

~
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 pm

In light of the Top Three Worst Episodes thread, I wanted to bring back this Worst Episode Ever thread where I started writing a blow-by-blow breakdown of "The Web Planet" that got several votes as a Top Three Worst Hartnell (by Shatterbang, Sea Devil, and I think some others).
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Shatterbang, rdks, and SeaDevil all put The Web Planet in their Top Three Worst list. My Web Planet commentary starts back on page one of this thread.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:28 pm

The Web Planet the worst? But it has so many redeeming features. Six weeks of no humans outside the TARDIS crew and loads of interesting creatures encountered along the way. Just to say sane/awake, please don't ever try to watch this serial all the way through. But split up over several evenings The Web Planet can be a joy to watch. I even got the CD's used (the Target one's read by Ian) and enjoyed it in the car over several weekends.

Now Timelash was putting me to sleep even before the end of episode 1. Why couldn't they just have put the puppets at the beginning instead of saving the most entertaining bit until the very end? Whichever end. Boy this one just won't seem to end.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:35 pm

But I will agree that HappyDalek's episode summaries are a good laugh. So much of Hartnell's era can get the same treatment so I'm still not convinced that The Web Planet is the worst of them.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 am

Dimensions in Time
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 am

I put The Web Planet on my worst three Hartnell list mostly for lack of enjoyment due to a percieved overlong story and unfortunate realization of some of the costuming and characterizations. I have to give it an "A" for ambition, but a "C-" for execution. I do like most of the Hartnell stories, so it was tough to pick out three least favorites. I have often remarked that I respect the serial for what it attempted to do. The basic story is solid and the idea of a serial with all non-humanoids is original, but it is a shame that it didn't turn out better. Kudos to Richard Martin and Verity Lambert for giving it their best shot. Perhaps the topic should have been "Three Least Favorite" rather than "Three Worst" for each Doctor.

However, this thread is about truly awful serials/episodes and The Web Planet is not among them for me. I reserve this thread for dreck like Timelash, Paradise Towers, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Happiness Patrol, Warriors of the Deep, Twin Dilemma and the like. Those were truly awful.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Nash from TGWG on "Love and Monsters" (Caution: Some Language)

Yeah. That would be my vote for "Worst Episode".
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Worst episode ever?
No question

Love and Monsters

I mean, I loved the Doctor-lite aspect of it. It's something we never really saw in Classic Who, but the plot....the monster....Peter Kay....And who can something have a loving relationship with a slab of concrete?

Sorry, but no!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Its been several years since this topic has been posted to.

Any new thoughts? Has a worse one come along? Do you still feel the same about the one you picked before?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 3:29 pm

For me...too many 11th Doctor episodes to pick just one...!  Wink

Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Kill the Moon and Fear Her for me
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:19 pm

The Gunfighters!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Ronpur wrote:
"Fear Her" is still the worst.

"Gunfighters" is rather fun, although the Ballad of the Last Chance Saloon gets a little irritating if you try to watch all 4 episodes at once. Also some great special features on the later half of Hartnell's tenure included on the DVD.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Sorry Tom Baker, but I don't like Underworld.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:01 am

"Fear Her," "The Idiot's Lantern," The Lazarus episode. Classic wise... I find a lot of Pertwee to be hard to watch, and McCoy's area is full of... off material. Timelash of course.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:25 pm

From NuWho - Death In Heaven is freshest (rottenest?) in my mind. And I'll still champion Fear Her.
From Classic - I'll agree with Greatest Show In The Galaxy. Terrible. I'd watch Web Planet over it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:27 pm

squishy wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
"Fear Her" is still the worst.

"Gunfighters" is rather fun, although the Ballad of the Last Chance Saloon gets a little irritating if you try to watch all 4 episodes at once.  Also some great special features on the later half of Hartnell's tenure included on the DVD.

A Holiday For The Doctor is still one of my favorite episode titles. Very clever.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 8:00 pm

The Web Planet.

It inflicted actual physical pain to my ears. Those Zarbi and their incessant noise... I really can't stand them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 am

Think of how many early episodes would actually be enjoyable if edited...

The Gunfighters WITHOUT the Last Chance Saloon song...
The Web Planet if it were only 2 episodes long...
The Greatest Show in the Galaxy WITHOUT the rapping ringmaster...

And how many fantastic episodes would be even more incredible if edited...

Genesis of the Daleks WITHOUT the motionless clams...

Worst Episode Ever! - Page 5 Doctor10
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com Online

Worst Episode Ever!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next