timlord
8 posters
AuthorMessage
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:44 am

I heard the australian spin off was to start next month,with a pilot episode then more episodes to follow. Does anyone know any updated info? There was suppose to be interactive k9 to be made as well.Hopefully i can find! I know I really wanted rex the flying dino from primeval but haven't even seen that offered anywheres! Any info is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:50 am

Yeah whats the deal with this show, is made in Brisbane (of all places!) but based in London?

I like the new K9 design though
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:57 pm

new trailer up- they are finally using leeson's voice. It looks pretty expensive and ramped up...I do not know what to think yet- of course I will see. I'm sort of a little to tired of the zillions of spin offs right now. There will be no mention of doctor who.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:15 am

It looks kinda cute - I'm not sure there's any way to slot it into DW continuity, but that just puts it in the same category as some of the less-than-licensed audios and direct-to-video spinoffs that I've enjoyed down through the years.

I like the line in the trailer about rapid transportation of butts. I'll fess up to laughing out loud on that one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:11 am

I'd almost forgotten - they're doing a preview of an entire episode today!

From thedoctorwhosite.co.uk:

Quote :
Episode 7 of the new K9 series will be shown this Saturday (31st October) on Disney XD

The full episode airs on Disney XD this Saturday at 6pm. Don’t miss it!
Sky Channel 607, Virgin 707. The rest of the series will air early next
year
Seeing as it's Halloween, here's hoping that there are "torrentulas" crawling all over the web. k9 spin off Icon_razz Let's compare notes here later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:37 am

Just watched it; it is indeed the episode that kicks off the whole series. It's not bad, though there are some story background gaps that I hope will be filled in by episodes immediately following its proper premiere next year. It doesn't take place on the Earth/London of Doctor Who. The whole thing could very well take place in a parallel universe, with K-9 either already being in that parallel universe or with K-9 having been "sucked in" from the "home" DW timeline. None of the pre-publicity that Bob Baker drummed up about this being Leela's K-9 made it into dialogue; I'd be astounded if there's ever even so much as a single reference to anything else in Doctor Who mythology in this show. The original K-9 model does appear, briefly, before being replaced by the new model, which I actually didn't mind once I saw it in action. The actors are all palatable - it's no more and no-less kid-oriented than SJA, just with a slightly different emphasis. I really dug the bizarre motion effect on the Jixen - sort of like they hadn't really properly inserted themselves into the dimension they were now inhabiting.

I was expecting this show to aim for a younger-skewing audience than SJA; it may actually be trying to gain a slightly older audience.

The odd backstory gaps concern the slightly 1984-ish, vaguely-Dark-Angel-esque London in which everything takes place: we don't know what's really so bad about it other than the Big Brother-esque video screens floating over the city assuring everyone that "it" - whatever "it" is - is for their own good. Hopefully future episodes will clear this up a bit and give us something deeper than just taking it for granted that it's a totalitarian regime.

I was surprised to see that it wasn't in widescreen... or... well... at least... not the file I downloaded from Usenet. If there's a DVD set to buy at a later date, I'd hope that the series is actually being shot and posted in 16:9 widescreen even if it's only being broadcast in 4:3.

If you've just got to know what the story is, I've got an episode guide entry posted here. I'll definitely tune in for more of this show. And hopefully the inevitable action figures will be in the same scale as CO's DW/SJA lines and the Torchwood figures. If you can't mix and match universes, what's the fun of it?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:59 pm

So, anyone here seen it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
kngfu
kngfu

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-02-15

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:50 am

Not as awful as you would think.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I still haven't seen it, but just read an article about it on Den of Geek. I like the idea that he may be the K9 that was left on Gallifrey with Leela and the Time War is why he has no memory.
Based on what I read, though, it seems like they could have just set the show in Sidney or some place in Australia rather than have everyone pretending to be in London.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 2:11 pm

They probably set it in London for the same reason that stuff set in NYC is constantly filmed in Toronto or Vancouver. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 am

For those on Facebook, there's an official K9 series group, on which I found the following interesting bits of info today:

Quote :
K9 is scheduled at present to air on Disney XD in the UK in April, dates soon we hope.

In response to a fan post about K9 figures in the same 5" scale as CO's Doctor Who toys:

Quote :
We'll be letting everyone know soon about merchandise Paul.. we like the scale you mentioned!

I'd be blissfully happy if they managed to dovetail a toy line with the Who stuff in terms of scale, whether CO or DesignWorks Windsor are involved or not. The fan-made figure-comic crossovers would be amusing to say the least. k9 spin off Fresse

Here's a link to the Facebook page. It would appear that Paul Tams himself is directly involved in maintaining it, and they've been posting digital "posters" of the characters in recent weeks, so they must be getting close.

April? Same time as the new series of Who? Dear Lord (and/or Time Lord), we're gonna be on Whoniverse overload! I'm one of the folks who thought the pilot episode was quite good, so I'll be happy to take my chances on the overload. k9 spin off Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 am

Latest from the Facebook page:
Quote :
Broadcast begins on Saturday 3rd of April on Disney XD in the UK at 4pm and sunday 4th also at 4pm.
What a coincidence, eh? k9 spin off Fresse
Back to top Go down
Jammaza
Jammaza

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-30

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 pm

new site up now [url]http://www.k9official.com/
[/url]

Last edited by Jammaza on Wed May 19, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

So if they do the whole saturday-4pm sunday-4pm thing with all 26 episodes,does that mean it finishes the day after who does?
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

k9 spin off Empty
PostSubject: Re: k9 spin off   k9 spin off EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Okay, did you guys see that alien librarian? Schwiiiiiiiiing! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/

k9 spin off
Page 1 of 1