Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??

Go down 
+15
Ronpur
rdks
Invisible Supreme
SeaDevil
neonlogo
thedoctor
Thun
Tremas
cinnur
rplath
Doctor Xombie
CJSchmidt
englishrose
Captain Jack
Timeladyjojo
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-02

What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 6:01 am

Mine is The Celestial Toymaker. I have the audio and I can listen to it over and over. I would love to see it in its entirety!!
Another would be The Daleks Masterplan!
:doc1:
Back to top Go down
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 am

Timeladyjojo wrote:
Mine is The Celestial Toymaker. I have the audio and I can listen to it over and over. I would love to see it in its entirety!!
Another would be The Daleks Masterplan!
:doc1:

Have you ever seen the reconstructions / telesnaps that are out there for this episode?
Back to top Go down
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 1:46 am

I have seen the one episode but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 2:15 am

"The Crusade" because Julian Glover rules!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Does Shada count? Very Happy Wow I miss Douglas Adams...
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 1:46 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
Does Shada count? Very Happy Wow I miss Douglas Adams...

LOL
I was gonna ask the same thing when I read the thread title. Smile
I don't know how many times I've watched that. :doc4:
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 am

Douglas Adams was, is, and forever shall be my literary hero.
Elements of "Shada" Douglas cannibalized for the first Dirk Gently novel so that is as close as a novelization of Shada as we'll ever get.
Back to top Go down
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 8:08 am

HERE HERE!!
Back to top Go down
rplath

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 12:18 pm

The one that really stood out for me is "The Massacre," where Steven comes into his own - WOW did that story really turn him into a PERSON rather than just a companion. And the religious setting and experience was very enlightening. Great performance by Hartnell in a double role, and it shows how much all his stuttering was just character, not his age showing. Great stuff.

The other that does it for me is "The Macra Terror." Lots of it is way over the top, and has a few trappings of The Prisoner mixed in. Fun, silly, and entertaining.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 11:03 am

Dalek Masterplan and Marco Polo quickly come to mind.

Then as I think about it, just more and more join that list.
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

Number of posts : 797

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 8:22 pm

An obvious choice is The Daleks' Masterplan; between reading the book, and watching the surving episodes, it's painful to have this story mia after all these years.

Similarly, I'd be pretty happy to have both The Power of the Daleks, and The Highlanders available.

It's sad to have two of the most important Dalek episodes, and Jamie's introduction all missing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that The Invasion will end up being the first of many animated stories to fill in the existing gaps.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:40 am

The Evil of the Daleks. Excellent story, even if it's mostly telesnaps. The booming voice of the Emperor impresses me to this day.
Back to top Go down
thedoctor

Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 2:08 pm

marco polo
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 1:59 pm

englishrose wrote:
Douglas Adams was, is, and forever shall be my literary hero.
Elements of "Shada" Douglas cannibalized for the first Dirk Gently novel so that is as close as a novelization of Shada as we'll ever get.

The New Zealand Doctor Who Fan Club put out a novelization of SHADA a few years ago. I dunno if you can still get them, but it sure is nice to have in my collection!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Here's a topic that needs revisiting. In addition to the aforementioned Dalek stories, I wish I could see The Faceless Ones and The Enemy of the World. The former because I really like the surviving episodes and greatly enjoyed the audio cd, and the latter for the pure performance that was the force of nature named Patrick Troughton!
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:41 pm

mine is the power of the daleks
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Yup, Power of the Daleks. Awesome story.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Moonbase, Wheel in Space, Marco Polo, Evil of the Daleks.

But I think the biggest loss for Who History is part 4 of The Tenth Planet. Hartnell's final episode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 am

Evil of the Daleks - first good Daleks!

"Dizzy Doc-tor! Dizzy Doc-tor!"

I just want to hug them all! Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 am

Having never seen any of the missing stories, I can only go by how they were presented in Target or Virgin novelizations.
I'd be torn between Dalek's Masterplan and Tenth Planet (Hartnell has always been my favorite). DM was a bit running around in circles, though, so probably TP.

Last edited by Calixar on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:12 am

I would love to see the Celestial Toymaker as well as the Tenth Planet. It's a major shame that most of P. Troughton's shows are MIA. Would also love to see Jamie's introduction to the show.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:32 am

Hey! let's bring this thread back!!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:27 am

tom baker and shada. i have the old vhs, and really wish they would release that version on dvd, maybe even with a little more from tom nowadays. it was great the way they wove in and out of the surviving footage.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:22 am

Based just off of the lost arcs that I have read the novels for... I'd go with Dalek Masterplan for my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??   What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story?? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm

I think that the Tenth Planet, Power of the Daleks, and the dalek masterplan are the most important missing stories, Tenth Planet because it's the first episode with the cybermen and the first episode to feature regeneration (Well, it wasn't called that yet). Power of the daleks because it's the first second doctor episode, and Master Plan because it's one of the longest doctor who adventures.
Back to top Go down

What is your favorite missing Doctor Who Story??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next