Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? Empty
PostSubject: Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?   Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 9:12 am

Does anyone have any clues or info on why? I want to complete the "original" DVD set. As i'll get the blu rays when they finally release the complete seasons containing those.
Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?   Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 1:08 am

I don’t know for a fact, but I’ve been wondering this myself. My suspicion is that they (the disc producers) thought was best to focus on one format of release to consolidate production costs and maximize sales.

BBCAmerica was reportedly helping pay for the production of these animated classic releases but apparently have now pulled out of that arrangement.

I fear that we may not be lucky enough to get many more of these, at least in North America.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?   Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 2:17 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MAYYYYYBE Sony will put out the animations now that they are "more or less" in charge of Doctor Who. Probably will depend on how good RTD does with the new series.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
canyonwolf

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?   Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 2:43 pm

At the Gallifrey One convention, Gary Russell mentioned that yes the animations are on pause but that the animation teams are seeking funding to continue. He also noted that there had been pauses in the series before.

No word from him or the teams on disk format though...they probably have no control over that anyway. I too am hoping for DVD versions of Galaxy 4 and Abominable Snowmen.
Back to top Go down
canyonwolf

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?   Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 2:44 pm

And yes agreed that RTD's continuing involvement with the show will be a huge help when it comes to supporting future animations.
Back to top Go down

Why are "Galaxy 4" and "Abominable" only on Blu ray in USA?
Page 1 of 1