20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2017-04-24

October B&M sets - a mixed bag Empty
PostSubject: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 pm

I missed out on getting the 'September Wave' of figures. But I have to say, apart from the Evil set, I would gladly add these to my collection.

What are your thoughts?

October B&M sets - a mixed bag 00010
October B&M sets - a mixed bag 00111
October B&M sets - a mixed bag 00210October B&M sets - a mixed bag 00311
October B&M sets - a mixed bag 00411
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm

I'm still amazed we are getting new classic Doctor Who figures. I just wish the folks in the UK appreciated their US customers a little more.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Just the Pertwee set for me.

Not impressed by the Davison set. Don't need another "An Unearthly Child" Doctor and TARDIS set, and don't really need the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 am

I’m surprised to see these so soon!

I love all the sets, though I’m a little disappointed in the Earthshock set. Maybe they could have done Cyberleader instead of another 5th Doctor figure?
Still a cool set though!

The Pertwee “Five Doctors” set is awesome, with a red jacket and ruffled shirt, sans tie!

I LOVE the dark metallic grey Daleks!

I dig the silver and blue Dalek with pupil.

I was going to pass on the Hartnell/TARDIS set, until I realized that the TARDIS has some newly sculpted elements.

I just wish these were a little easier to get stateside.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 3:14 am

I missed the Unearthly Child set before, so I'm very happy to have a shot at it now. Smile

Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 9:42 am

I just read that the Five Doctors set MAY have a 50/50 split of Cyber Leader and Soldier in the packs released. So, if that happens you can get more than one Cyberman.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 2:22 pm

Whooz wrote:
I just read that the Five Doctors set MAY have a 50/50 split of Cyber Leader and Soldier in the packs released. So, if that happens you can get more than one Cyberman.

That was my one complaint! I will totally get multiples of soldier, only one of leader.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 10:50 am

Anyone else have a feeling they will eventually do a 6th Doctor Tardis release with the red tie? He's the only classic doc without a Tardis set now, and the Trial red tie is the only remaining variant they have for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 12:20 pm

digby wrote:
Anyone else have a feeling they will eventually do a 6th Doctor Tardis release with the red tie? He's the only classic doc without a Tardis set now, and the Trial red tie is the only  remaining variant they have for him.
 That is how I am hoping we get him. Of course you can do a regeneration 7th using that outfit also, although he would be shorter, although I think the figures are about the same height.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:58 pm

While lots of members on other forums are unhappy about what we didn't get (Adric, etc) I think these sets are pretty good.  It's a budget line that started off as all straight repaints.  I skipped all those 10th and 11th Doctor repaint sets from a few years ago.  But these days CO is getting very creative in order to give us new characters.  Rather than bemoaning that we didn't get Adric, I'm quite thrilled that I'm going to get the androids from Earthshock.

Sure, I too would have preferred another Cyberman or Adric/Tegan instead of yet another 5th Doctor.  I've got a bin full of duplicate 5th Doctors.  I would also have enjoyed a "generic lady in bodysuit" that could have been the basis for a "female" android and a female Axon.  Just no budget to cover those.  Maybe in the future.  And the Eaglemoss Raston Warrior Robot does look a bit better than the CO version, but once again this one is still pretty good.  It just seems like CO fired up the "Axon Male" body and put it to very efficient use in 2021.

Happy with all these sets.  None are perfect, but there is something in each that will get to to purchase them all.  And isn't that the best way for CO to sell these?  Getting fans to buy them all so the line continues?

Oh, and the other rumor I've heard is complaints about no Dalek Supreme in the Planet of the Daleks Set.  Al Dewar of CO has stated on other forums that this is only Set #1 of Planet and to keep an eye out for Set #2.  So you've got an excellent army builder pair of Daleks coming soon and more than likely another shot at the funky black & gold Supreme Dalek coming next year. I've got my original version of this dude, but I hope this is true for anyone coming to this line later on.
October B&M sets - a mixed bag Planet10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:41 am

I missed out on the September wave completely. I was in between jobs and couldn't commit money to them. Plus I am told that they are spotty in being found in the UK anyway.
Back to top Go down
Iron-Cow
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Huh. I didn't realize until now the boots are different on the Cyberman figure, compared to the Earthshock version. (I'm sure I read it before, but only now noticing it when looking at the figures)

Wishing I could get the cloaked Hartnell loose (for a custom project), but glad it's getting rereleased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironcowprod.com
JJJason

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:14 am

What’s different about that Hartnell headsculpt? It feels new, or differently painted…or something.

I thought for a second it might be a David Bradley First, which I would have loved, but no.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonchirevas.com
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 9:55 am

JJJason wrote:
What’s different about that Hartnell headsculpt? It feels new, or differently painted…or something.

I thought for a second it might be a David Bradley First, which I would have loved, but no.

Its definitely a lighter skin tone, maybe that's what you're seeing?
The older Hartnell's -- and most all the figures actually -- had warmer skin hues in the past. This is looking more like the ghostly skin tones we first saw in that 13 doctors set.
Back to top Go down
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Still waiting on a classic console room.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 am

doc272 wrote:

I've got one!!!!

Oh ... wait .... wrong scale....

October B&M sets - a mixed bag Dapol_12

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 10:00 am

digby wrote:
doc272 wrote:

I've got one!!!!

Oh ... wait .... wrong scale....

October B&M sets - a mixed bag Dapol_12

Very Happy
Remember it is "Relative Dimensions" tongue
Back to top Go down
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 12:47 pm

That's the dapol one right
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 1:35 pm

doc272 wrote:

Yeah, from back in 1987ish.

I've never put a modern figure next to it, to see how off it would look!
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 2:59 pm

October B&M sets - a mixed bag Doctor11
it works Wink

digby wrote:
doc272 wrote:

Yeah, from back in 1987ish.

I've never put a modern figure next to it, to see how off it would look!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 3:39 pm

DWFAN1974 wrote:
it works Wink

Ha! Well, you should never wash your console in hot water....
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 5:48 pm

didn't, it was during a move from Louisiana to Chicago it got stored in a box in the summer heat Sad

quote="digby"]
DWFAN1974 wrote:
it works Wink

Ha! Well, you should never wash your console in hot water....[/quote]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 6:22 pm

DWFAN1974 wrote:
didn't, it was during a move from Louisiana to Chicago it got stored in a box in the summer heat Sad

Ah man, can't beat the heat!
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptyTue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm

I wish I could have gotten a few of these other sets. I do wonder why the support isn't where it once was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: October B&M sets - a mixed bag   October B&M sets - a mixed bag EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 1:32 am

Any word on that Unearthly Child set?
Back to top Go down

October B&M sets - a mixed bag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: