Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters

Rate The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos
AWESOME!!!
S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_lcap0%S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Good!
S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_lcap29%S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Okay...
S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_lcap57%S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Bad!
S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_lcap14%S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
AWFUL!
S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_lcap0%S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)   S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Discuss the series final episode.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)   S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Felt like this one was somewhat all over the place. Some good stuff, some baffling stuff, enjoyable but odd. The most RTDish of the episodes. Interesting winking nods to Pirate Planet and Stolen Earth Of all the episodes, this felt like it should have been a two-parter to smooth out some of the finer details.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)   S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how a rather run-of-the-mill brute of the week managed to convince the two most thoughtful and powerful aliens in the galaxy that he was their god. Sure, the toothy face is a memorable look but I still am not struck by him being exceptionally smart, technologically advanced, or a persuasive diplomat. Whatever-his-name was a bit of a dull shouter. How in heven's name does he take charge for 3 millennia of destroying innocent planets without the Umms getting a little suspicious?

But the Doctor and the companions did a capable job. The monster was a pushover the first time and proved just as ineffective for his second outing. Fans have been complaining they hated the overall series arcs and just wanted stand-alone stories; and that's what they got. Fans complained that Amy/Clara saved the day every episode and I don't think any one companion ever managed that this series.

And all series the Doctor didn't use regeneration energy to save the life of any innocents ... erm maybe it was a pretty silly idea to give the Doctor this super power. It was silly for 11 to fix River's broken wrist and then shocking for 12 to be able to cure Davros' blind eyes. I guess that makes 13 a pretty heartless weener for letting General Eve die when it was clear that her dippy-heart was going to fail under the strain of piloting the ship the during the Tsunami Conundrum. Maybe it's best that this "messianic healing" thing is forgotten much like the Doctor being half-human (McGann) and being able to squeak like a synthesizer to break glass (Power of Kroll).
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)   S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 am

And WOW! What a thrilling season finale! NOT!!!

Season ended as it started with a whimper and a snore.

Tim Shaw was an absolute nothing elevated to almost Big Bad status only to fizzle out by being shot in the foot? LOL Bad Comedy.

Jodie’s No Kill policy irked the heck out of me.So by not killing Tim Shaw in the first place she becomes responsible for all the deaths he commits later imo,just like Batman and the Joker bs.

Graham should’ve smoked him when he had the chance.

I still like the companions but Jodie needs to go ASAP. Just a big bore.

Now we wait for the New Year Episode then the big year plus hiatus which never bodes well. But I doubt the show could get worse than it is so why not.

I give this episode a 2 because a season finale should be waaaaaay better than this.

Hmmmm now what is the most dangerous creature in the galaxy? A Chibnal?
Back to top Go down

S11E10: The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1