10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

Winter wrote:
Well, as for the Logo, you can always print out a spine with the original logo and just cover it up with double sided tape...

Yeah i've already come up with a fix for that one, i'm in the process of making a template out of one of the older dvds, and i'm gonna use it to make all the covers match the original versions....Shada, Power of the Daleks, and Macra with Classic (USA) DVD Covers in black like they should be Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 5:06 am

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Winter wrote:
Well, as for the Logo, you can always print out a spine with the original logo and just cover it up with double sided tape...

Yeah i've already come up with a fix for that one, i'm in the process of making a template out of one of the older dvds, and i'm gonna use it to make all the covers match the original versions....Shada, Power of the Daleks, and Macra with Classic (USA) DVD Covers in black like they should be Smile
sounds cool, love custom covers. You will have to post a finished pic. so we can all enjoy your work:)
Back to top Go down
Whovian6389
Whovian6389

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Hello folks, new to the forum. More bad news with the Macra Terror N.A. dvd release! Amazon now says November 19th release date! I've seen clips of it on Youtube and don't really fancy it compared to the Loose Cannon reconstruction!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 pm

I have it from a group I belong to, and it isn't too bad, Sure I would prefer an actual recovery of the episodes, but it is nice to have moving images to go with the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

Its not bad for what it is an animated reconstruction. I prefer the black and white version over the color version though but still its defiantly better than nay recon (at least 2 me)
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Whovian6389 wrote:
Hello folks, new to the forum. More bad news with the Macra Terror N.A. dvd release! Amazon now says November 19th release date! I've seen clips of it on Youtube and don't really fancy it compared to the Loose Cannon reconstruction!

Welcome! Other forums are available, but over the past year I've really come to love Who NA ... the people here really are nice and supportive.

Hate to hear that about Macra being pushed back. Of course I'm STILL waiting to hear even an announcement for a North America "Enemy of the World" special edition. I don't think it's coming.
I guess that's why I'll still buy the "Macra" when it does finally get here, just to support the line and let them know we still want these. But man ... they really don't seem to care like they used to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
psibob
psibob

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Whovian6389 wrote:

This is exactly what happened to Shada last year. And has the date of the Series 10 Blu ray with Jon Pertwee changed or is it still in October?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 pm

psibob wrote:
And has the date of the Series 10 Blu ray with Jon Pertwee changed or is it still in October?

Still looks like October 15...and Colin Baker on December 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 4:30 pm

You would think the BBC would find a way to release them in all regions at eh same time
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
You would think the BBC would find  a way to release them in all regions at eh same time

I dunno, maybe the errors that crept into the first couple of releases has made them afraid of re-mastering into Region A too quickly. The Restoration Team seems to be calling out for help from fans (dates, copies of old memorabilia, off-air recordings, etc) right up to the release date. It seems like the Region B masters are only getting assembled in the nick of time in order to get 4 sets out a year (which is a relatively staggering 20 some stories a year). Maybe they've decided that rushing the Region A release hasn't worked well and they'd like to stagger things back roughly 1 release in order to get things right from now on?
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:09 pm

They have had all the extras for years including audio bits and trailers from back in the days of the DVD releases. They may have more stuff that has turned up since certain story's came out on DVD.

But your 100% right about rushed deadlines that is something I don't understand there is no rush yet with every Dr. Who DVD that has come out the past 4 or 5 years allow seem to hear is that certain assets were delivered with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th inning.

They need to deliver the MASTER to the Restoration Team and then allow them time to PROPERLY watch the master and check all the extras, new SFX, subtitles and so on BEFORE going into production.

That said my 1973 Season 10 Box set is due in Tuesdays post from Amazon UK
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Although I've now seen the a Restoration Team member specifically dismiss the rumor that Region A needed more time to check for conversion errors.  The question as to why we're waiting so long between UK and US releases for Season 10 and Season 23 is once again an utter mystery.  

They've had most of the bonus features since the DVD days, but I see them updating the Photo Galleries, adding new documentaries, swapping out some of the SD bonus to HD when they started making VAM in HD for "future proofing", adding the 5.1 soundtracks, sometimes updating subtitles and production notes.  Plus just the work that they do having Peter Crocker go back over all the episodes one last time and drop in any 16mm film inserts from model or location work.  I like how they're not just slapping the old DVD material onto Blu-Ray and calling it good enough.  

It would be nice if there were no errors, but the Restoration Team is so small that I'm sure a few will always creep in.  If they're doing about 25 stories a year now, that's roughly one story every two weeks year round.  But please don't let them rest or reduce the output because I'd like to complete this collection (again) in my lifetime.

I'm also hoping that the music used for "Planet of Fire" VAM will either be swapped or is now able to be cleared for the USA.  I'll also be really stuck if Beatles music from "The Chase" or "Remembrance of the Daleks" causes problems again.  I've not seen anything about those past problems being solved (but I seem to recall Fleetwood Mac finally got cleared for "Spearhead" when it came out on BluRay).
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 am

I just received my Region B Season 10 Blue Ray set, at the request of a friend I popped it in my multi region blue ray player and it played straight away. I did not have to reprogram it for region B.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 10:12 am

Could someone that has the Macra Terror DVD already answer a question....
I assume it includes the "existing episodes" somewhere on the release?
Is there a way to watch the story with the animation and the existing footage (like they did with the original animated releases)? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 11:17 am

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Is there a way to watch the story with the animation and the existing footage (like they did with the original animated releases)?  Thanks!

Hi, I think you're confusing "Macra" with another release.
Sadly there are no existing episodes of Macra, they are all gone.
The only thing that exists are a few seconds of censor clips from Australia, and they are not incorporated into the animation. But they are on the DVD in the special features.

Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:10 am

Yep you are right! I was thinking of the episodes for "The Faceless One" *lol
Just wonder since they are starting to animate the WHOLE story(ies) are they still gonna have the option of playing the original episodes and animation together or will they be stuck as "extras". While i appreciate the animation VERY much, i just am more of a purist, as when there ARE real episodes i'd rather see those Smile Thanks for the info!

digby wrote:
DWFAN1974 wrote:
Is there a way to watch the story with the animation and the existing footage (like they did with the original animated releases)?  Thanks!

Hi, I think you're confusing "Macra" with another release.
Sadly there are no existing episodes of Macra, they are all gone.
The only thing that exists are a few seconds of censor clips from Australia, and they are not incorporated into the animation. But they are on the DVD in the special features.

Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Macra!!!!!!   Macra!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 am

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Yep you are right!  I was thinking of the episodes for "The Faceless One" *lol  
Just wonder since they are starting to animate the WHOLE story(ies) are they still gonna have the option of playing the original episodes and animation together or will they be stuck as "extras".  While i appreciate the animation VERY much, i just am more of a purist, as when there ARE real episodes i'd rather see those Smile  Thanks for the info!

Sure, I understand completely!
I think I've personally had to put aside my purist inclinations because at the end of the day I really want these animations to be made. I had some problems with both "Power" and "Macra", but I'm still glad to have them!

And from what I've heard I believe the existing episode will be treated like extras, but I don't know for sure.

A possibly solution for you is that hopefully there will be an option to play the episodes individually, as opposed to "play all." I know on the Macra DVD, as well as most all of the past Doctor Who DVDs, the two options are presented in the menu.
So, if you just watch episode by episode, you could then just switch to the existing episodes and back to the animation.

Back to top Go down

Macra!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2