5 posters
AuthorMessage
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:49 pm

The 9th and 10th Doctors shall be getting a combined complete years DVD box set release as well as Matt smith complete years on DVD. The two sets form a continuous background and act as a fairly attractive displayed set... assuming the complete Capaldi set is to follow and for some the 13th Doctor years later if all 4 match that would be super coolNu who box sets Img_2018
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Nu who box sets Img_2019
Also there is this release which isn't a complete box set but is Nu Who and I don't think Doctor Who will likely last as a 4k media unless they start mastering in 4k...in like 20 years from now.

Last edited by Winter on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Pricing appears to be 45ish Dollars for each set, $90 for seasons 1-7 plus specials in a handy dandy and tidy couple of Box sets of DVDs for the few who never got around to buying them, would also make excellent xmas gifts for the Who deprived loved ones in your lives, or as loner discs so you don't have to lone out your Blu-ray collection...or just to have if your a completest... Or Who addict:)
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm

I wont be buying another set of Nu Who BDs I have them all in that format already. I see no reason to replace those BD disc with another BD disc just because of the packaging.

I bought everything on BD format after they switched starting with David Tennant's specials
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
I wont be buying another set of Nu Who BDs I have them all in that format already.  I see no reason to replace those BD disc with another BD disc just because of the packaging.  

I bought everything on BD format after they switched starting with David Tennant's specials  
yeah, I fully understand. I hope it sells well and all those people who love Doctor Who and can't normally afford it happen to spot it and are ludicrously happy and how cheap these sets are:) I keep telling myself that I do not need this...but I just viewed the Capaldi cover and the Three sets together are tempting... Gonna have to fight my addiction to spend money on Doctor who:0
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 pm

I did not by the BDs of anything before the specials with David Tennant on BD I did get the first one that was up converted to BD and I can see the difference in quality between it and "The Waters of Mars" as a result I did not by the 9th / 10th Doctor Box sets on BD. The standard DVDs of those look fine to me on an HD TV
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

And there is a Ultra for Twice Upon a Time too.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm in for these if they collect the one-offs as well. Slightly annoyed about having the regeneration episodes packaged separately from the seasons every time. ;-) Plus I could probably stand to upgrade 1-4 to Blu-Ray at this point. Plus they're neat packages.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 3:13 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
I'm in for these if they collect the one-offs as well. Slightly annoyed about having the regeneration episodes packaged separately from the seasons every time. ;-) Plus I could probably stand to upgrade 1-4 to Blu-Ray at this point. Plus they're neat packages.
I'm pretty sure they are only offering this set on Standard Definition/ DVD.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Still no rumblings from sites or rumor mills in the Doctor Who fandom as to when and what the next classic DOCTOR WHO Blu-ray box set will be. I did see where Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock season 1 on "4K" is already up for pre-order. That whole line is being placed on that format. Ready for more Baker!!! Want some Pertwee, and Davison as well...come on Beeb! Mass produce already 😄
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Winter wrote:
TinDogRory wrote:
I'm pretty sure they are only offering this set on Standard Definition/ DVD.

Oh boo. I must have missed that on the first pass.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Winter wrote:
Still no rumblings from sites or rumor mills in the Doctor Who fandom as to when and what the next classic DOCTOR WHO Blu-ray box set will be.

It's been mooted long ago on Roobarb's as being Season 19, to be followed by Season 18.

S19 makes a lot of sense, because most, if not all, of the location film for that season still exists ("The Visitation" had a lot of location film, for instance). Also, makes a good chance for them to fix the unfortunate colour grading that was done on "Black Orchid".
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 pm

The did a really good job on the R2 VD fixing Black Orchid, it was a hundred times better than what was transmitted.

If I remember correctly there was even a featured extra on the DVD showing how it looked before and after the R T
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Nu who box sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu who box sets   Nu who box sets EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:45 pm

amckinney wrote:
Winter wrote:
Still no rumblings from sites or rumor mills in the Doctor Who fandom as to when and what the next classic DOCTOR WHO Blu-ray box set will be.

It's been mooted long ago on Roobarb's as being Season 19, to be followed by Season 18.

S19 makes a lot of sense, because most, if not all, of the location film for that season still exists ("The Visitation" had a lot of location film, for instance). Also, makes a good chance for them to fix the unfortunate colour grading that was done on "Black Orchid".
well, you nailed it amckinney! Season 19 and 18 both revealed as the next released Blu-rays. Super pumped!!!
Back to top Go down

Nu who box sets
Page 1 of 1