64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 12:55 am

The only place I saw the 13th Doctor TARDIS was on Amazon UK and all three sellers refused to ship to the USA.
Back to top Go down
SirPrize
SirPrize

Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 5:30 am

Bob1963 wrote:
The only place I saw the 13th Doctor TARDIS was on Amazon UK and all three sellers refused to ship to the USA.

It's not been released yet
Back to top Go down
SirPrize
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 am

Bob1963 wrote:
Sadly these all look like repaints bar the Harry Sullivan one and even the clothing he is wearing is familiar from some release.  It looks like Toms clothing repainted.

The Peter Davison figure is a repaint with a new head.  I have one with Colin Baker in Peter's cloths with the same dirty jacket on my shelf from al those years ago.  In fact it still on the card I never opened it.

The Sontaran's are exactly the same as the ones I have open on my shelf.  Peri is just another repaint as I have two just like open on my shelf   Same with the Second Doctor, exact same figure as we already have just different color pants and boots.   The Tom Baker repaint at least is different to the 7 o8 4th Doctor figures I have open on my shelf.

As for the TARDIS isn't the 5th Doctors TARDIS the same as the 7th Doctors TARDIS bar the mud from Androzani on it?

Still at least they are trying.

I had not herd of a Harry Sullivan figure in the past, I know there were several figures that never made it past the proto type stage though

The Sontaran in the Tow Doctors set has a completely new head sculpt as well, so that's two "new" figures, something they had said before that B&M wasn't willing to do. So they must be happy with the sales if CO can now add new sculpts
Back to top Go down
SirPrize
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 am

Whooz wrote:
As much as I love collecting TARDIS's to me that Shada one just looks a little bit odd with the colored windows. Although I do give them high marks for putting the panda light on top. I definitely want to get two of those 4th Doc figures if only to have the scarf to put on my City of Death version. I would get the Two Doctors set in a heartbeat, but since I have the older release Sontarans I would sell those off and keep Harry, even though he and Genesis Tom will look a lot alike since he is wearing his outfit. I do give them high marks for being creative in reusing the figure parts to give the line a bit of a lift after all this time, even if these are UK exclusives.

Judging from quite a few pictures of the episode, the prop did have the coloured windows.
it's interesting to see that both Tardis are updated: new thinner base for both, corrected roof and new light for the Shada one.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm

I meant the 3rd Doctors TARDIS sorry, typo. I did later watch the You Tube video and they did some tweaking to existing figures. Ill give them credit for making some adjustments to the figures to improve them but they are still the same bodies from year's ago. At least its a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm

I know it’s mostly just repaints, but I’m excited by these sets. I really want to get the Sontaran sets and Dalek sets.. It’s a pity, as I doubt we’ll get them here in the USA. I was interested in the 70’s 3 pack (4th Doctor from ‘Talons’, Brigadier, and Auton), and the Third Doctor Tardis art, but I never saw them offers in the US. Sad
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:55 am

Big Finish had their three Dalek/Doctor sets listed and within 48 minutes, they sold out, even after limiting it to one set per customer.

No, they never wholesaled these sets to us.

These are now to be B&M exclusives at this point onward, so obtaining them outside of their UK retail chain is near impossible without people who physically walk into their stores, locate the toys, and buy them.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 11:17 am

Woke up to see these gone. Granted I would have preferred to be able to get them separately. Basically no one on the west coast, Australia or New Zealand even had a shot at ordering these. Woke up at 10:47 am eastern time and they were already sold out. Oh well saves me $120 before a vacation to spend else where.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Who North America wrote:
Big Finish had their three Dalek/Doctor sets listed and within 48 minutes, they sold out, even after limiting it to one set per customer.

No, they never wholesaled these sets to us.

These are now to be B&M exclusives at this point onward, so obtaining them outside of their UK retail chain is near impossible without people who physically walk into their stores, locate the toys, and buy them.

So you guys are most likely not going be able to get this year's sets there???
JW how did you guys get the 4th Doctor & TARDIS sets if that was a B&M exclusives????
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Once the release dates are confirmed, I'm happy to take orders and ship to USA. I've heard the new TARDIS sets are next week but that's not confirmed yet. Some of the previous issues are still available too (the February releases- not the third Dr TARDIS).
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 11:07 pm

I would very much like to order several sets. Please keep us posted Dave G!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 12:17 am

I may be interested in some after I get back from vacation at the last week of September
Back to top Go down
ClayinCA

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Dave G wrote:
Once the release dates are confirmed, I'm happy to take orders and ship to USA. I've heard the new TARDIS sets are next week but that's not confirmed yet. Some of the previous issues are still available too (the February releases- not the third Dr TARDIS).

I'd love to order a "Dark Eyes" McGann set and the Harry Sullivan/Sontaran set. How much would those cost - any idea? Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:05 am

Same here I would be interested in the harry Sullivan set as well as the 8th Doctor and Dalek set plus even more. But I am locked into a trip with the wife back to the Philippines for 20 days at the end of this month and would not be able to do anything until after I get home.

For those of you who were not around 35 years ago its seems like it is getting back to the point where we have to order the majority of our Doctor Who Merchandise straight from the UK. That wonderful period of lots of US distributors that started in the 1980's when Lyle Stuart Enterprises starting distributing Target Books have come to an end ?
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 1:34 pm

thebreen wrote:
I know it’s mostly just repaints, but I’m excited by these sets.  I really want to get the Sontaran sets and Dalek sets..  It’s a pity, as I doubt we’ll get them here in the USA.  I was interested in the 70’s 3 pack (4th Doctor from ‘Talons’, Brigadier, and Auton), and the Third Doctor Tardis art, but I never saw them offers in the US.  Sad

I heard that if you were searching the “Amazon” Jungle you could find them Cool
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Ahem.

I would like to make some purchases as well.

Thanks.😺
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:35 am

Hi all,

The TARDIS sets are due to be released this week. The three figure sets will be at least one week later. The dalek twin packs are showing as late August.

These are the prices that I’m going to be offering for the sets. Prices are based around different weight combinations. Items will be unopened with bubble wrap and placed inside a larger parcel.
The prices include tracked 5-7 working days delivery.

One TARDIS set: $52
Both TARDIS sets: $90

One figure set (three pack): $49
Two sets: $76
Three sets: $105
If for any reason you do not want the Sontaran figures, I will discount $8 per Sontaran.

If you want me to try and get any of the TARDIS sets for you, drop me an email and I'll let you know if/when I get hold of some. I'm happy to hold them and offer prices on combining with three packs when they have a release date.

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 am

Message sent!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShalkaDoctor
ShalkaDoctor

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 9:35 am

New to the forum and interested in picking up one of each. Not sure how to message you from here or is it a direct email that must be sent?
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm

ShalkaDoctor wrote:
New to the forum and interested in picking up one of each. Not sure how to message you from here or is it a direct email that must be sent?

If you want to message another member, click on their name/picture off to the left. You'll visit their profile and there will be an option to send a "Private Message" under their avatar.

I've gotten figures through Dave G a couple times now and he's a nice guy. It's certainly not his main job sending figures so understand that he'll go looking in shops after work when he's got time. In the past he's been able to open all my sets and cram 7 or 8 figures into a larger TARDIS set and just send that one off in a plain paper wrapper. The sets certainly are nowhere near mint, but the shipping is much cheaper. And since I'm not a mint-in-box guy that's fine with me.

I'll have to think about it a bit more to see how bad I want some of these new figures now.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:37 pm

I don't think the unveiling video from Character Options was ever added to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:05 am

Re Squishy's comments,

Thanks Squishy- it's not my main job- I'm a high school teacher!

The prices I'm quoting this time are based on mint in box figures inside a shipping box. I may be able to offer cheaper postage for anyone who's happy to have the figures repackaged (three figures fit nicely into the spare space in the TARDIS sets- but the daleks won't)

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
ShalkaDoctor
ShalkaDoctor

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 am

Hello Dave G.

Mint condition would be my preference. Like many I would guess, I'm a collector and all figures in my collection are displayed mint in box.

I'm aware this isn't your job and appreciate your willingness to help other collector's like myself as time permits.

If it were possible to obtain one of each item for the prices you quoted, how would that work? Let's say you were fortunate enough to locate the figures. Would you then contact me and I send funds via PayPal?
Back to top Go down
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am

I sent you a message Dave G...thank you!
Back to top Go down
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 pm

I sent a message as well. Thank you for your generous offer!
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next