64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 6:43 pm

It strikes me as odd that the sign box above the doors isn't textured like the rest of the Police Box.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 am

As much as I like that they are trying to make new figures. This whole reused figures parts is abit annoying
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 10:31 am

Looks cool. Too bad it'll probably be hard to find stateside, and/or expensive.

Re the flight control Tardis/13 set:
That Tardis looks nice! They even changed the light on top, which is more than I thought they'd do. It would have been nice if they'd at least make 13's shirt a different color (burgundy/red) if I have to get a second figure of her, but at least they added the bumbag/fannypack. That was a nice touch!
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 pm

I tried to order the 3rd Doctor TARDIS but went 0 for 3 with international shippers. I finally got me at last a 13th Doctor 5-5 figure though. Yeah they are trying to do any releases as cheaply as possible these days. There not trying to increase the range at all they simply are reusing any old part they have on the shelf
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

New figure sets have all been revealed- use the following link to CO YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShHZtC_9au0

I don't want to say what they are incase you want to watch the "unboxing" yourself but there's a few cool ones in there!

I'll be happy to take orders from US/Canada once release dates and weights are confirmed. Some of the previous sets may still be available at reduced prices too.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:48 pm

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67308010
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67976510
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67384310
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67334110
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:58 pm

I just saw all these
I'm hoping whoNA is going to get them like they did with the last new 4th doctor & TARDIS
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 pm

The only one I would get would be Harry & the Sontarans.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:38 pm

I want the 4th TARDIS set, and 7th and 8th dalek packs
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Sadly these all look like repaints bar the Harry Sullivan one and even the clothing he is wearing is familiar from some release. It looks like Toms clothing repainted.

The Peter Davison figure is a repaint with a new head. I have one with Colin Baker in Peter's cloths with the same dirty jacket on my shelf from al those years ago. In fact it still on the card I never opened it.

The Sontaran's are exactly the same as the ones I have open on my shelf. Peri is just another repaint as I have two just like open on my shelf Same with the Second Doctor, exact same figure as we already have just different color pants and boots. The Tom Baker repaint at least is different to the 7 o8 4th Doctor figures I have open on my shelf.

As for the TARDIS isn't the 5th Doctors TARDIS the same as the 7th Doctors TARDIS bar the mud from Androzani on it?

Still at least they are trying.

I had not herd of a Harry Sullivan figure in the past, I know there were several figures that never made it past the proto type stage though
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67388110
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67918710
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 67571710
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 5:14 pm

And the one with Harry Sullivan I was referring to is a 10th Doctor Army of Ghosts figure.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Well, I don't need them all. But I do like that Harry Sullivan figure as well as finally getting the last original Sontaran, Stike. Others complained about the old Sontaran sets coming with the "giant balls", but I rather like those sets and wouldn't mind augmenting the clone crowd with a couple more figures.

Yes, there are a lot of other repaints. I've got a whole shelf devoted to the crazy re-paint/regen Doctors who don't make it to the main 15 Doctors shelf (War Doc and Curator round that out). There is also a pile of extra Nu-Who Daleks that these new ones will end up on.

But hopefully WhoNA can get these. All the 3-packs have a certain appeal this time.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Is the War Doctor just the same figure without the neck scarf?

Also, can someone explain Sylvester's pants?!?
I don't remember them looking like that in the TV Movie. I'll have to check!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Never mind, I found a photo that confirms it!

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 Sevent10

It's just a shame --- again -- that we don't get a 7th Doctor figure with a neutral facial expression + hat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 pm

As much as I love collecting TARDIS's to me that Shada one just looks a little bit odd with the colored windows. Although I do give them high marks for putting the panda light on top. I definitely want to get two of those 4th Doc figures if only to have the scarf to put on my City of Death version. I would get the Two Doctors set in a heartbeat, but since I have the older release Sontarans I would sell those off and keep Harry, even though he and Genesis Tom will look a lot alike since he is wearing his outfit. I do give them high marks for being creative in reusing the figure parts to give the line a bit of a lift after all this time, even if these are UK exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 am

They should put the hat on McCoys head for the 7th Doctor figure to make it look more realistic to the move and cover the hair line
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:25 am

I’ll get Harry and the Sontarans(Band name) for sure. Very happy to see him.
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:13 pm

So am I correct in assuming these sets will not be distributed in the US either by over- or under-the-counter means?

That is to say, is WhoNA considering buying a few cases and selling them on the site? Or is it us vs. Ebay?
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Probaly depends on if WHONA can get them, the last batch I ended up getting on Amazon but they all shipped from the uK granted they were sold and billed in US Dollars and shipped via Amazon Global Priority.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 2:12 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
Probaly depends on if WHONA can get them, the last batch I ended up getting on Amazon but they all shipped from the uK granted they were sold and billed in US Dollars and shipped via Amazon Global Priority.

I just picked up the 4th Doc,Brig,Auton set off Amazon last month for $25 with free shipping so hopefully these will pop up too.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm

My updated 4th Doctor TRDIS set was like $40 and it got here so fast you would have thought they brought back the Concorde to fly it to Washington DC
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 pm

It’s a Golden Age
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 6:09 pm

skifflebits wrote:
So am I correct in assuming these sets will not be distributed in the US either by over- or under-the-counter means?

That is to say, is WhoNA considering buying a few cases and selling them on the site?  Or is it us vs. Ebay?

It depends.  WhoNA was able to get the 13th Doctor single carded figure and the 4th Regen+TARDIS set as imports.  They still have 10 of the  4th Doctor + TARDIS so I'm not sure.  I don't think I ever saw the Pertwee+TARDIS set or the funky Tom Talons figure 3-pack listed here.

I'll give WhoNA a while to see if they can barter for a case of any of these.  If they can then I'll pick up a set of each.
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 9 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next