8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PB Props
PB Props

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-09-02

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 am

Rogue wrote:
Great work!  I would like to see more, for sure What a Face
Thanks Rogue, apologies for the delay in my reply, but I've been a bit busy of late...

I've spent the last 10 weeks or so scratch building four Tom Baker TARDISes from season 12 and 13, replicating everything down to the smallest of details, including all the asymmetry, damage, split seams, hokey repairs and even the filth and dirt.

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 28878434618_da4e2d5e84_c
This is a form of progress timeline for the builds. Left to right; "naked model" in the process of being built. This one will ultimately be used to make a mould from to cast some more, but I haven't got around to that yet. Next up is painted model, just waiting for weathering and graphics to be applied. Second from right is a completed season 12 client build and then we have another completed client build, a season 13 TARDIS. There are subtle differences in colour and detail between the two seasons.

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 42702893022_97faee95f1_c
The two client builds.

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 28878434868_b3c67445ec_c
With the appropriately dressed 4th Doctor figures.

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 28878434788_6eed2b0191_c
As on the McGann TARDIS (at the top of the page) this model has a door that opens, but no working lamp this time around as that wasn't requested. This is the season 12 version.

PB's Various Builds - Page 2 28878434438_25c722bc7a_c
And this is the season 13 TARDIS.

As always, thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am

Wish I ordered one.
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:47 am

amagon wrote:
Wish I ordered one.
One of mine or the toy?

On a different note, I recently put together a little video about the Character Options TARDIS, how they came to be and what could have been produced, had there not been an economic down turn that affected the toy industry as a whole.

It may be of interest to some here.

As always, thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7005
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 am

Hugely interesting and informative video!

Thanks for sharing. Smile
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2488
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 1:04 pm

That is a very informative video. It's nice to have someone "in the know" share their thoughts on things and how the final product ended up the way it did. And I do enjoy all my police boxes even though they are toys and not super accurate. I do get a bit of joy looking at them on the shelf on the way out to work.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Sea, Squishy - thanks for the comments, glad you liked it and found the video of interest, it's always nice to hear people's thoughts.

Squishy, on a personal note, I'm really happy that you still get a kick with the toys! That's pleasing to know.
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 5:52 am

I was recently asked to make a "The Invasion" style Cyberman head for a young cosplayer, so here for your potential enjoyment is the build video of that piece.

Should you not wish to watch all 40 minutes of this, please feel free to skip to the 36 minute mark for the final reveal.

I'm actually rather pleased with the outcome of both the head and this video, the latter of which had no planning whatsoever - I just made it up as I went along and experimented with various camera and edit techniques.

Thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 4:04 am

Wow, it's taken me a very long time to workout what my log in details are - which is why I've not been posting in a very long time. Anyway, I've been busy whilst I was away with some prop builds (made from the original vintage parts) if you're interested.

The 5th Doctor's alien signal detector from The Planet of Fire.

A blink and you miss it prop from Battlefield, the Moneybug.

A replica of the Junk Mail robot from The Greatest Show in The Galaxy. This is a studio scale model that I believe was cut from the final edit.

I have a host of other builds that may be of interest to you, but these will do for now.

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2488
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 pm

I've now watched them all. Quite fascinating stuff! Thank you, PB!
Back to top Go down
PB Props
PB Props

PostSubject: Re: PB's Various Builds   PB's Various Builds - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 am

squishy wrote:
I've now watched them all.  Quite fascinating stuff!  Thank you, PB!

Thanks for watching, I appreciate that. Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PB's Various Builds
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Projects, Modifications, and Fan Creations :: Scratch Built Projects-
Jump to: