Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?

Go down 
+26
Indiana_Brian
Homshabom99
Rogue
Winter
doc272
Just Scott
mysterylad
Arlecchino
stanlow
Thun
AJinHarlan
tboneterry2
Scary
Bob1963
Invisible Supreme
Cruel Angel
Evil Monkey Pope
squishy
Krynoid
Ted47
Whooz
mattmanw54301
Ronpur
Ben C.
SeaDevil
thebreen
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 pm

New season premieres on its new day...SUNDAY October 7...

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/09/doctor-who-back-on-sunday-7-october.html
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 pm

The Trailer is highly excellent in regards to the cool ship, Landscapes, CGI, and camera angles... The addition of actual Songs in place of an Orchestra is a bit different but agreeable and makes for a surprisingly nice change. The whole thing looks pretty slick. I like everything except for 1 detail which I shall keep to myself. Can't wait to meet the 14th Doctor;)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 am

BBC are claiming 8.2 millon in viewers on episode one. I was off by a million and a half...
Back to top Go down
Matesamo
Matesamo

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 5:33 pm

The second episode of the new series logged a 7.11, third highest show of the week.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 pm

BBC states that episode 1 tally is 10.9 million final number, the highest number of viewers in the revival series of Doctor Who... Still not a fan, I enjoyed all previous incarnations and while I was exceedingly sad at Tom Baker's departure as the Doctor, I can honestly say I've never been against any new Actor as the Doctor...Except for now. But hey, who am I? 10.9 million from 6 million... Apparently Who has a new audience. On a nice note, I adore the Theme and opening sequence. Ranks up there at the Top with Hartnell aand Baker's sequence. Might end up as my favorite.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Ok...three episodes in...and I like her...a LOT!! Jodie plays the Doctor just as "Doctor-y" as anybody else really, in my opinion. Authoritative, brilliant, fast-talking...everything we love about the Doctor.

I'm also a huge fan of her companions. I was worried about having three of them for the first time since the 80's...but unlike then, these folks are all pretty involved and not just standing around or taking naps in the TARDIS.

Also, I think that the stories are getting progressively better in these first three weeks.

Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 5:00 pm

8.2 million viewers on episode one, 7.1 million viewers on episode two, 7.3 million viewers on episode three, 6.4 million viewers on episode four, 6.1 million viewers on episode five,

Last edited by Winter on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hinchcliffe Forever
Hinchcliffe Forever

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-11-03

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm

Winter wrote:
8.2 million viewers on episode one, 7.1 million viewers on episode two, 7.3 million viewers on episode three, 6.4 million viewers on episode four,

I too am seeing a trend here. I believe it will continue with the eventual series 12 after all the gimmicks have taken their toll...
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 am

[/quote]I too am seeing a trend here. I believe it will continue with the eventual series 12 after all the gimmicks have taken their toll...[/quote]  I have also been informed that season 12 will come out in 2020  and that the Jan 1st 2019 special will be the only episode that year...season 12 "Might" release in Nov/Dec of 19'.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?  - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm

So, I had the opportunity to see all of season 11... POSITIVES: The opening Titles are definitely my favorite and the Theme is my second favorite right behind Hartnell's Original. Sets and Creature makeup are on par with Farscape, which is a plus. Camera angle Dynamics are nice with movie like shots and a little more variety with places. NEGATIVES: at times the bottom, top, and background are blurry to the point of standard definition. THE WOMAN WHO FELL TO EARTH: Hated first episode, the Teeth in the face of the Alien was stupid. The time it took to make the Sonic was way to fast. Rate the episode a zero. THE GHOST MONUMENT: Cool name, The race Idea was great, although the 2 actors chosen both sucked. The Assassin robots would have been more threatening had there been fewer. And the cloth killers we're stupid. Landscape and building were cool. Rate the episode a 5 out of Ten. ROSA: STRAIGHT UP 10 out of 10. Worthy addition to Doctor Who.soooo much here that I loved. ARACHNIDS/U.K.: I don't know, They already did a spider episode under Capaldi. Honestly fast forwarded this episode as it bored me and since I didn't watch it, I won't rate it. TSURANGA CONUNDRUM: great idea for an episode but the actors were stiff and boring. Loved the Pting. Rate 6 of 10. DEMONS OF PUNJAB: excellent guest casting, beautiful everything, pretty great story. Rate 9 out of Ten. KERBLAM: I like the Idea of an intergalactic Parcel service as well as the KERBLAM man. Rate 4 out of Ten. WITCH FINDERS: while this story portrays King James IV / I horribly inaccurate historically, I admit that Alan Cumming is Hilarious. The Idea of the story was great as well as the make up and sets and such. Rate 7 of 10. IT TAKES YOU AWAY: Another good concept executed as mehhh... Rate 5 of 10. THE BATTLE OF R.A.K.: Set was nice, episode was a crap end to a series finale, still hate tooth face. Rate Zero... Overall Episode length and pacing is perfect and feels way more full as a show. Music scoring/sound track: Opening Titles a 10, episode tracks vary as I'm so used to the last guy's style. I will give the new guy an 8.5. sets, makeup, CGI all vary between 7-8.5. guest casting is mostly a miss and has all the emotional range of Ben Affleck. Scripts still need a bit of work, I really feel that dropping the change over to a writers room was a terrible Idea. (they never had one but the Idea was seriously considered untill Chibnall talked the BBC out of it.) Now for the MAIN CAST: GRAHAM: they just don't give him enough good lines, Bradley is being horribly wasted. I approve of the Actor as a companion. MANDIP: is interesting and decent as an actress, she is also quite cute. RYAN: either the dude can't act at all or he has chosen the wrong role. I would fire him, That's just me. And finally JODIE: (Doctor Cosplay) Outfit is hideous, She just feels like she's cosplaying The Doctor. Her Performance is a, " Hey, look at me I am A Girl and Girls Are strong and Just as Good As Men"! All Hail Girl Empowerment! (Men and Women are indeed equal by the way) I just mean to say it feels forced. And let's just call it what it is: propaganda. Nearly every episode has LGBT representation. ( I own every season of Orphans Black) so you can't say I'm being Archaic, Racist, Biased, Misogynistic, or a perpetrator of a Hate speech at a specific minority. When The BBC insists on representing absolutely everyone every episode and has a checklist they go through to get across that and other agendas then the story itself, The adventure and the experience all end up by the wayside... I rate the whole series as a One off watch If someone gifts it to you. and you store it promptly in the trash or give it away, speaking of which the first one to P.M. me can have this copy on Blu:)
Back to top Go down

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6