Michelle Gomez is leaving Doctor Who with Capaldi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Michelle Gomez is leaving Doctor Who with Capaldi Empty
PostSubject: Michelle Gomez is leaving Doctor Who with Capaldi   Michelle Gomez is leaving Doctor Who with Capaldi EmptyTue May 16, 2017 2:46 pm

It's official: Missy is returning to Doctor Who... for the final time.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy, Michelle Gomez revealed that she'll be departing the show alongside Peter Capaldi and showrunner Steven Moffat.

"My guys, my lads, Missy's men - they're all moving on!" Gomez said. "Steven writes so amazingly for me - it's like he's got my voice in his head, and I don't know how that would be, moving forward.

"I'm probably just shooting myself in the foot here. This time next year, I'll be like, 'Why did I say that?! I'll work for anybody!' – but I don't know how I'd feel about being The Master to any other Doctor, because I feel like I'm part of Peter's time."
Missy (Michelle Gomez) in the Doctor Who series 10 trailer

Don't panic, though: we've got more Missy to come before she exits the series. The character resurfaces in this Saturday's episode 'Extremis' and will also appear in series 10's finale.

Gomez isn't ruling out a return to Doctor Who sometime in the future, either - let's not forget that John Simm will be reprising his own version of the Master this series, after a seven-year break.

"Exactly - never say never!" Gomez told us. "I'm sure in a couple of years' time, the urge to blow things up will just be too strong and Missy will come in guns blazing!

"But at the moment, it just feels like this is the end of an era - there may be something in the future but at the moment, I feel like this is the end of a chapter."

Though careful to avoid spoilers, Gomez did let slip that Missy is "not quite as polished" when we see her in this Saturday's episode: "She's definitely a little rough around the edges. She's definitely... I would say there's more than one hair out of place!"
John Simm as The Master in 'Doctor Who'

Intriguing! She had some very interesting things to say about Missy's relationship with Simm's Master, too - with both versions of the character expected to share the screen in the finale.

"I would say... think of it in terms of... a two-headed Master!" she hinted. "That's what I'll give you. It's sort of... two Masters in one, in a way! I hope that's not giving too much away!"

And along with Missy and the Master, it's been confirmed that some old-school '60-style Cybermen will also appear in the final two episodes of the series, with Gomez admitting that "just the very sight of them is unnerving".

"And that's Missy saying that!" she laughed. "Something awful happens [in the finale] as well, which is down to Missy just being dreadful. She just can't help herself - there's a moment where she just remembers that she is totally evil. So that is in there... you won't be disappointed!"
Michelle Gomez in Doctor Who S09E01: 'The Magician's Apprentice'

We never are when Missy's around. But if this is to be the character's final outing, Gomez said that she's "blown away" by the impact the character has had.

"I'm still grateful, and still in a state of shock, that I've got any fans at all, to be quite honest! Occasionally I go off and do these conventions and I get to meet my fans, and I'm still amazed that there's more than five people in the line. I always think they must be lining up for somebody else!

"I am actually humbled by them and just really grateful that Missy worked and that she seemed to speak to so many people. So I'd sum it up as a state of humble gratitude, to have more than one fan that isn't my mum!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a828391/michelle-gomez-missy-leaving-doctor-who/
Back to top Go down

Michelle Gomez is leaving Doctor Who with Capaldi
Page 1 of 1