27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Sorry if this has been asked in the past but I couldn't find anything on the board so here goes.  I came to this party rather late.  When you first started carrying them I stayed away cause they were releasing at the time basically the exact same figure that Character Options had done in the 5 . 5 scale.   Last week I bought form WHONA 2 figures The Terrileptaial and The Draconian.

After that I happened a chance visit to the Eaglemoss web site and saw lots of figures that WHONA did not have in stock, my question is will WHONA ever restock some of these or they a case of once there  gone there gone.  I received Three from Eaglemoss in the mail today that WHONA did not have in stock and noticed they are packaged differently and include a big magazine.  Now they are not on the card as are the ones from WHONA.

Just wonder if I need to hunt world wide for the ones I foolishly ignored over the years or if they will be restocked.  In the case of The Draconian I got from WHONA Eaglemoss does not even have that one listed on its web site at all, while they have others listed as out of stock.  

Should I take this as to get them from WHONA as soon as they come in stock or risk missing them completely

Thanks

Bob
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Eaglemoss and UT have apparently ended their relationship. Eaglemoss is moving toward direct distribution with the magazine, meaning that you will need to get them directly from Eaglemoss for the time being.

This is the best of our understanding of the situation at this time, as we do not always receive the whole picture when situations like this ensue.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:21 am

These are solicited in the Previews catalog, so maybe you can get wholesale orders via Diamond Distributors?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 1:36 am

A pity it appears then that Ill have to import many of these from overseas but if there not available to WHONA then there's nothing you can do.

On a positive note I just picked up from you a Sea Devil and a 12th Doctor figurine both of which are out of stock on the Eaglemoss Website. If you still need them people get them while WHONA still has them
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 am

Eaglemoss collecting is a bit frustrating. I receive their newsletter, and went to their site when they announced the new wave of figures. They were already unavailable. I also find them a bit pricey for what you actually get. Their customer service is a little sub par as well. Part of me wants to just not collect them, but I really want to finish out the classic line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:47 am

I have to look at WHONA and at least 2 other UK based sites to find figures that they have.  Its funny how another site has more stuff than the parent site does.

Still its an opportunity to get some classic and new series figures that Character Options wont give us.  They seem to be now slowly releasing more classic figures we have never seen before.

As for there customer service I rang them up last Friday afternoon (Washington DC time) got threw on the first ring and got my question answered straight away,  Received my package via standard post in exactly 7 days after I ordered it and it was properly packed and such.

Still would rather be able to get the items from WHONA
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 pm

I guess I shouldn't say their customer service is bad. I just had one issue that took a while to clear up.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Now they did give me the wrong collectors magazine with my last order.  Instead of the Sensorite I got the next issue, but I can see why the mistake was made as the back cover of the previous issue had a big picture of a Sensorite.  

Still I wont nit pick over something small like that
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 4:03 pm

I had ordered three display plinths and they sent only two. It took about a month for them to reply and fix the problem. They have some good deals going right now.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
These are solicited in the Previews catalog, so maybe you can get wholesale orders via Diamond Distributors?

This would also be a potential route to The Complete History book series
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Colbster wrote:
I had ordered three display plinths and they sent only two. It took about a month for them to reply and fix the problem. They have some good deals going right now.

I logged on after midnight and found some of those good deals and I ordered 2 of the special items TARDIS and the Dalek Emperor figures plus a bunch of New Who Figures that were conveniently vastly reduced in price.

In fact I might take another look after midnight tonight and see if I can pick up some more goodies, sadly or smartly (depending on your view) 99% of the figures on sale were New Who
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 11:39 am

I've been having the same trouble getting these as well and just had to buy the 2nd Doctor off eBay UK ($28 shipped to USA)to finish the Doctors off.

Would have bought more but like you said they sold off fast on the Eaglemoss site.

Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:10 pm

I have ordered The Second Doctor from a third party seller in the UK.  They ship world wide but naturally They ship by air mail with tracking so it isn't cheap

BREXIT did not make the US Dollar to Pound Sterling that much better.

I am going to be proactive with the Quark and Wheel in Space Cybermen when it becomes available and pounce on it ASAP.

I even broke down at 5 am and took some more New Who figures off there hands as you could not beat that sale price.  Sadly they did not discount the classic who figures that I wanted
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Yea $8 is a good price for the NuWho figures.

Is shipping still free for orders over $49?
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Yes it is.  There secret is that like another UK retailer I use is that they take all the orders going to the USA that day and put them in a big box and ship them to an address in the USA where they then mail the packages domestically.

In fact I peeled back the label on my package to see where it originates from but all it had underneath the USPS shipping label was my order number
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 9:47 am

Managed to finish off my "Doctors" collection of Eaglemoss.
Eaglemoss Question Signature_zps0ixayhsl

I tried to get McCoy and McGann through Eaglemoss but they took far too long so I bought them off Ebay.
So I now have them spare.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:07 am

My second Doctor one shipped from The U K today, I have the Third Doctor one and The Twelfth Doctor is en route from WHONA as we speak
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 am

Ice Worrier II wrote:
Managed to finish off my "Doctors" collection of Eaglemoss.
Eaglemoss Question Signature_zps0ixayhsl

I tried to get McCoy and McGann through Eaglemoss but they took far too long so I bought them off Ebay.
So I now have them spare.

They look fantastic all together like that.I just got my 2nd Doctor from the UK and it looks great.

Hope they do Jackson Lake Doc and Ainley Master soon.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Its funny I discovered that they were having a sale on  Thursday Morning and I get an email from them announcing it on Sunday.

Still that is a fantastic picture of all them lined up.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 7:20 am

Have got most of the Cybermen...not doing Daleks.
Eaglemoss Question DSCF0381_zpsdxdagvjb

I was going to originally display them as Dr/Dalek, Dr/Cyberman, Dr/Dalek etc but a couple of the Doctors never met the Cybermen...Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 am

and a Wheel in Space Cybermen is coming to complete the Cyber Set
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 11:17 am

Bob1963 wrote:

Unlike a certain toy line. Mad
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
 What about the "Silver Nemesis" variant? "Attack" and "Five Doctors" are both fairly close to "Earthshock", but without the cricket gloves.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 1:19 pm

From there history of releases this company Eaglemoss would seem to know what they are doing, spacing out he Dalek's and Cybermen so that we are not jammed with repaints.

And they seem willing to take chances with lesser figures like The Sensorites and The Quarks
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Eaglemoss Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eaglemoss Question   Eaglemoss Question EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 6:36 am

Bob1963 wrote:
From there history of releases this company Eaglemoss would seem to know what they are doing, spacing out he Dalek's and Cybermen so that we are not jammed with repaints.

And they seem willing to take chances with lesser figures like The Sensorites and The Quarks

I love the Quarks, If I can get one cheap enough I can use it as a template to do a 5 Inch custom.
Back to top Go down

Eaglemoss Question
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next