Invisible Supreme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Pure Dalek Paradigm Empty
PostSubject: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:04 pm

The Dalek Paradigm introduced in Victory of the Daleks is portrayed as a completely pure form of Dalek. So, following their genetic tolerance, which is generally zero for anything but pure Dalek, is it possible that these Daleks were part of the Supreme Council mentioned in Planet of the Daleks, and reintroduced in Victory?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Well not these specific Daleks, no. They weren't even born/created until the progenitor in Victory as we saw, so they wouldn't have existed before this. Besides, being 100% pure wouldn't grant them any extra rights over the other Daleks in Planet since all of them are pure in that story. The first time we meet any impure Daleks is in Revelation of the Daleks.

A more interesting question about the Daleks in the Moffat era is how the frickity frack is Skaro back? bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Scary wrote:

A more interesting question about the Daleks in the Moffat era is how the frickity frack is Skaro back? bounce

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey, skaro before it's demise, the time war warped the timelines, the Daleks faked Skaro's destruction, all of the above, none of the above etc :p
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:29 pm

beep wrote:
Scary wrote:

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey, skaro before it's demise, the time war warped the timelines, the Daleks faked Skaro's destruction, all of the above, none of the above etc :p

Razz All joking aside though, it really irks me that anything that gets slightly complex in NuWho and requires an explanation is just shunned by the writers as "wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, bonkers!" Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:41 am

How much of the BBC novels is considered canon? Because Skaro "came back" in War of the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
fatsal
fatsal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2014-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

Scary wrote:

Razz All joking aside though, it really irks me that anything that gets slightly complex in NuWho and requires an explanation is just shunned by the writers as "wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, bonkers!" Evil or Very Mad

I don't know why, but that doesn't bother me in the least. I think above all, the show must remain accessible to a wide audience, and a long, technical explanation of what is intrinsically make believe would likely turn off or "lose" a decent portion of viewers. Besides, isn't more fun for us diehards to debate and discuss the ambiguities than it would be for a character to spend any amount of screentime explaining something?
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 am

Apparently, during the Daleks' invasion of earth in the year 2150 (or thereabouts, I remember that's the date they invaded in the movie) they discovered records about the destruction of Skaro. So, they hatched a plan to avoid the death of Skaro by moving Davros to a planet called Antalin, which is supposedly the planet we see in Destiny, not Skaro, as the Doctor and Davros both belief. Eventually, when we get to Remembrance, it is Antalin that is devoured in its sun's supernova, not Skaro. Oh, and the Dalek Prime, the Dalek who exterminated Davros in Genesis of the Daleks, supposedly engineered all of this to prevent Skaro's destruction.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:35 pm

fatsal wrote:
Scary wrote:

I don't know why, but that doesn't bother me in the least. I think above all, the show must remain accessible to a wide audience, and a long, technical explanation of what is intrinsically make believe would likely turn off or "lose" a decent portion of viewers. Besides, isn't more fun for us diehards to debate and discuss the ambiguities than it would be for a character to spend any amount of screentime explaining something?

I much prefer understanding things and having explanations, personally. But that's true, it is indeed fun to debate different theories. Razz
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Pure Dalek Paradigm   Pure Dalek Paradigm EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 pm

One thing to remember, there's a bit of dialog in "Remembrence..." that implies the Daleks (both factions) came from a very distant future. (How far? I don't know.) Because when they launch the Hand of Omega, one of the Daleks describes the stellar conversion device as "...entering Skaro time zone." They intended to replicate the conditions Gallifrey achieved that would allow unimpeded time travel. So you would think they would want that power relative to their "present", which, for all we know, could have been 3 to 4 billion years in the future relative to 1963. (I suggest those figures assuming Skaro's sun is a mian sequence star like our sun, having roughly 10 billion years of stable nuclear fusion.)

The point is, the premature nova of Skaro's sun (and thus the destruction of Skaro itself) could be far, FAR in its future, giving the Daleks plenty of time to muck about. Plus, surely not every Dalek in existence was on Skaro when its sun went "poof". Certainly there had to be occupational forces located elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com

Pure Dalek Paradigm
Page 1 of 1