6 posters
AuthorMessage
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:40 am

None of these were made by me. I had them all made and will give links to the very talented people who made them.

At the moment, I have three customs in my possession, and two in the early stages of being made.

First up is Madame Vastra (All of these customs were made by the same man)

CGren's customs  Img_0310

As you can see, this Vastra is based on her appearance in Series 7. She is, presumably, made from a Silurian warrior or Restac figure for the head, and the Gelth zombie body with some modifications. The swords came from a John Hart figure.

Next, Jenny. (Sorry for the quality).

CGren's customs  Img_0311

Again, a Season 7 look. She's made from a Primeval Jenny (with painted mole) and a Francesco body. Again, she has a sword from a John Hart.

Finally, my favourite piece of the lot, Strax.

CGren's customs  Img_0312

Strax is the head of a Skorr, the legs of a Seventh Doctor, the coat of a Second Doctor and I think the body is made of mulliput, but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that they look absolutely fantastic. Here is a group shot. (again, apologies for the quality).

CGren's customs  Img_0313

These figures came from the very talented Alvin171 on Deviantart, and one of the other figures I am getting is coming from him. I am definitely hiring him again.

When the other two figures are made and in my possession, I will update this thread.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am

Fantastic customs!! Really good quality! Vastra looks great! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:31 am

I laughed out loud. Literally. Absolutely awesome pieces.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 pm

CGren's customs  Img_8310

Here's a work in progress shot of the next custom I'm getting. Can anyone guess who it's going to be?

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:15 pm

TVM Master?
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Nope, but that is on the list of customs Smile
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Take one Marcus Scarman, hire a very talented commissioner (Nightwing1975 on Deviantart) and this is the result!

CGren's customs  Shalka10

I cannot wait to have it in my possession Very Happy

Hope you like.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I wasn't a fan of the toon, myself...but that looks amazing!!!!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Couple more newbies in my collection. Once again, all other people's work that I've bought.

First up is another example of the amazing Alvin171 from Deviantart. it's obviously a Night of the Doctor 8th Doctor. He added a scarf since he took the picture, and if anyone is interested, I will take an updated picture. Well worth the money and, for people like who are not talented customisers, he is one of the best in the business.

CGren's customs  Pict0112

Secondly, from the very talented hands of Nightwing1975, to compliment the Shalka Doctor he made, is the Shalka Master. Again, an amazing piece of work and a pleasure to have in my collection. Once I have a bit more cash saved up, I'll be adding an Alison and possibly a Joe to complete the set.

CGren's customs  Shalka11

Let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
nodalep

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-07-25

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:04 pm

That is amazing, is that the Yana head?
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:35 am

nodalep wrote:
That is amazing, is that the Yana head?

No, from what I've been told, it's all Delgado, a tiny bit of re-sculpting and a lot of paint! Glad you like it Smile

Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Update time, boys and girls. Concluding my current run of Scream of the Shalka figures, I have received my Alison custom:

CGren's customs  Alison10

As usual, the customiser was Nightwing1975 on DA. The body was an Abby from Primeval, while the head comes from a Playmates Uhura figure. The hair was removed and replaced. The rest was rescuplted and repainted to match up with the character. Hopefully, with my birthday coming up, I'll be ordering some more customs from him.

I have another set of customs on order from the man who made the Vastra, Jenny and Strax figures. As soon as they arrive, expect an update. In the mean time, here is a WIP shot of one of them.

CGren's customs  Pict0110

Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

CGren's customs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGren's customs    CGren's customs  EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 am

Okay, so a few more figures coming soon. Again I've ordered some off the talented Nightwing1975. Before the mass reveal, I'll show you the base figures and see if anyone figures who exactly these guys will become...

CGren's customs  Img_8810

Any guesses...?

Back to top Go down

CGren's customs
Page 1 of 1