3 posters
AuthorMessage
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I just got an email from a customizer in The UK, whom told me there was a customs fee of $20.06 to release the package to him.

I haven't heard from the other person, but, with all this, I won't be able to send anymore figures overseas to have done! Shipping there, fee, shipping back.... TOO MUCH MONEY!

I had plans for a different TARDIS for each Doctor, a proper Juggerauts Davros, "Time War/Valeyard" 6th Dr, and.... ahhh (getting regenerated 3rd Dr, 6th Dr's Trial outfit, stage play 6th Dr, & TVM 7th made).

I think those were the only other customs, besides what is planned in The US for Cybermen, no Daleks, and if I can get a few customs touched-up that I did....

That sucks.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Aww. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:27 pm

It does seem like day light robbery when we over here get stung for Custom charges, my Wife collects the 18" Tonner Dolls which cost a pretty penny anyway then there is postage as well, but on your side of the pond the post office adds the postage to the cost of the item, which creates an extra charge on this side of the pond.
whereas over here our custom chits are hand written by the customer who in my case will a) drop the price and b) mark the item as a gift.
Sadly there is nothing we the public can do about it, So sadly if you want it badly enough then the wallet will have to give out.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
It does seem like day light robbery when we over here get stung for Custom charges, my Wife collects the 18" Tonner Dolls which cost a pretty penny anyway then there is postage as well, but on your side of the pond the post office adds the postage to the cost of the item, which creates an extra charge on this side of the pond.
whereas over here our custom chits are hand written by the customer who in my case will a) drop the price and b) mark the item as a gift.
Sadly there is nothing we the public can do about it, So sadly if you want it badly enough then the wallet will have to give out.

Yeah, for what I want, I will! I have 4 TARDISes I have to send overseas (maybe 1 every 6 months)....
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:22 am

Well, if you're not going to use that spare 1st Doctor's TARDIS and it's in good shape, I'll take it off your hands Smile
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Ben C. wrote:
Well, if you're not going to use that spare 1st Doctor's TARDIS and it's in good shape, I'll take it off your hands Smile

Sorry, I have "plans" for all the TARDISes I bought, just have to get them made, over time....
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

Customs fees! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customs fees!   Customs fees! EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:38 pm

amagon wrote:
Ben C. wrote:

Sorry, I have "plans" for all the TARDISes I bought, just have to get them made, over time....

Look forward to seeing the process Smile . Good luck!
Back to top Go down

Customs fees!
Page 1 of 1