11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Name and Time of the Doctor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name and Time of the Doctor   Name and Time of the Doctor - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:58 am

Name and Time of the Doctor - Page 2 Tumblr_n8t775127l1s8vokyo1_500

You guys are sounding like Cecil Palmer discussing Steve Carlsberg.

But honestly, I do feel as if Moffat's been stretched too thin as lead writer. He's done some good things for the show under his run (it's exploded into pop culture), but he was much better writing an episode or two-parter a year when he wasn't the lead writer.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Name and Time of the Doctor   Name and Time of the Doctor - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:35 pm

He has some great ideas, but he really needs a proper showrunner who can put those ideas into a script that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE.  As it stands right now, Matt Smith is going down in history as my least favorite Doctor, not because of Matt's abilities or acting, but because his entire run was encumbered by Moffat's bad writing.

Honestly, I always feel at least a little sad when a Doctor leaves (I actually teared up at Tennant's departure), but by the time Matt Smith got around to the regeneration scene I was looking at the clock wishing the blasted episode would have ended 30 minutes earlier.

The thing is, I love Doctor Who.  I have for almost 30 years.  It's one of my last few passions.  And to watch Moffat crap all over it the last few years has just been agonizingly painful.
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Name and Time of the Doctor   Name and Time of the Doctor - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 pm

You know. I liked Matt Smith's first series, it's just everything after that was muddy. Honestly, I had the same problem with Russel T. Davies. It seemed like both of them had enough for one good series, but had to keep going. Don't get me wrong, there were good episodes sprinkled throughout the other series, but none of them seem to have the wow factor for me.
Back to top Go down

Name and Time of the Doctor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2