26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:03 am

I've been slow with buying DW DVDs, but I've had all of them on a wish list at a "certain site" with their prices at the time of release. Unfortunately I didn't move on some titles and they've sold out, leaving secondary market prices that are out of control. "The Two Doctors" in particular goes for stupid money. Does anyone know if some of those titles will be made available again? The Time Monster, Ghost Light, The Curse of Fenric, The Time Meddler... the list has been growing. I keep hoping to see "Special Editions" coming out for these and other titles. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:04 am

We're still waiting for news. Nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Rogue
Rogue

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I did some digging, and it looks like last year BBC Worldwide decided to cut production on 19 DVD titles. Three of the four episodes from the final season of the classic show are among them (so only "Survival," er, survived the axe). Sad news Sad
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

This is the full list of DVDs OOP in North America (not including stories which were later given "Special Editions"):

First Doctor:
The Rescue/The Romans    
The Web Planet    
The Time Meddler    
The Gunfighters

Second Doctor:
The Invasion    
The War Games

Third Doctor:
Terror of the Autons    
The Time Monster      
Planet of the Spiders

Fifth Doctor:
Black Orchid
Earthshock    
Time-Flight    
The Awakening
Frontos              
Planet of Fire

Sixth Doctor:
The Mark of the Rani      
The Two Doctors

Seventh Doctor:
Battlefield      
Ghost Light      
The Curse of Fenric

All Fourth Doctor stories are still available.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:59 pm

a lot of these titles are available on the Canadian version of that certain site.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

The Two Doctors has been confirmed as re-released in the UK without "In a Fix With Sontarans" (due to it briefly featuring Jimmy Saville), so perhaps it will go back into print Stateside now that a politically-correct version of the DVD is now in the wild?

The way you can tell which Region 2 version is the original (and which one is the re-release) is by the front cover artwork. On the original, the Spanish villa appears at the bottom of the front cover artwork. On the re-release, the villa has been deleted, and the artwork moved down a bit to compensate.

I would expect the original release (both US and UK) to go up even more among collectors!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:05 pm

I put a Sticky on this thread to keep it from falling into the abyss...
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 2:14 pm

It appears City of Death is now out of print on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Add to that Happiness Patrol and Dragonfire.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 pm

Okay, Doctor Who is being dropped from Netflix in February. Now some major titles (like City of Death) are inexplicably disappearing from the re-order list and are subsequently being snapped up; are the classic titles being discontinued? Has anyone seen any news?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:29 pm

I saw on a Doctor Who news site a story that the Beeb may be putting the show on a separate digital platform of their own making. That might be the reason this is all happening, and perhaps where we will see The Underwater Menace premiered (It would be a good first night for such a service.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:24 am

Krotons is now out of print and out of stock.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:46 am

Wow...this is getting disturbing...

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Add Colony in Space to the list of No Longer Available.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:38 am

So glad I didn't wait to buy any of these when they came out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 6:19 pm

It made me give up on buying the DVDs, really, since I'll never have a complete set it seems. I had quite a few anyway... but I tried to buy one or two from time to time to build the collection.
Back to top Go down
doctorwhotim
doctorwhotim

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-01-25

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:34 pm

It's ridiculous that this is happening! There are people that enjoy classic Doctor Who as well as the new series! Some of the out of print DVDs are being sold for outrageous prices...there are people on Ebay/Amazon trying to sell "The Two Doctors" for $300. Is there anything that can be done? It would be nice if some of these titles could be re-released with the R2 covers as they are much nicer! I would be up for starting a petition if anyone would care to join me!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 am

The Sensorites is now out of print and out of stock.
Back to top Go down
Hobartwhovian
Hobartwhovian

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-02

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:32 pm

I love my wife! For a Valentine's gift, she ordered me Dragonfire and Happiness Patrol along with The Greatest Show in the Galaxy. It was from Canada and will not ship to US, so shipping to her cousin who lives out there who will then ship to us. The final 4 I need to complete the DVD collection are still available in the US, so I plan to purchase those as soon as out tax check comes in.
Back to top Go down
Hobartwhovian
Hobartwhovian

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-02

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I thought I owned Dragonfire, and realized that I meant to get it last summer when working with Sophie. I completely spaced it. The same with Greatest Show in the Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:23 am

Attack of the Cybermen now out of print and sold out.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Wow.  This is disheartening.  It does make me wonder if they would release season sets, with the pricing actually being better than buying the individual titles.

The digital streaming service from BBC is probably the future of the series.  No more "owning" a copy of something. pale Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:07 am

Sarah Jane Adventures (Seasons 1-4) are now confirmed out of print. We still have a few left of some of those.

Series 5 is still in supply at the supplier, but we do not know if this will go out of print once that supply has dried up. We have just ordered more of Series 5.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 11:55 am

Monster of Peladon is now confirmed out of print. We have 6 remaining copies.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-24

DVDs out of print? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDs out of print?   DVDs out of print? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Is there any word one why there making all these titles out of print?
Back to top Go down

DVDs out of print?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next