10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Guardians of the Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:02 pm

15-second teaser is up for the trailer, which premieres tonight!

I'm CRAZY excited for this movie. Loved the comic (and the Annihilation series) and I'm really liking the direction of this so far.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:16 pm

jonwes wrote:
15-second teaser is up for the trailer, which premieres tonight!

I'm CRAZY excited for this movie. Loved the comic (and the Annihilation series) and I'm really liking the direction of this so far.

Wow! 1st look at Karen Gillen as Nebula; plus this is insanely cool looking!

Can't wait for the full trailer; thanks Jon!!!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 am

No problem! Here's the full trailer.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 am

I think Marvel made the right decision making this more of a comedy. And especially a legitimately funny one at that. I almost feel sorry for the Nova Corps.

I also am amused at the Nova Corps outfits. Seems a deliberate snub to the Green Lantern film by deliberately making their outfits as "mundane" as possible.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 am

Yeah, they definitely look like a mundane uniform. I like it. They are still kind of cool, but they let people look kind of shlubby in them too, like John C. Riley. I love the fact he's in this movie. And Chris Pratt is going to be great as Star Lord. You can tell this was almost more of a teaser trailer, though. Not a lot of story was revealed. I can't wait! And I can't wait for all the action figures and toys coming! LOL.

Also, our first good shot of Karen Gillan as Nebula:

Guardians of the Galaxy Screen14
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:27 am

I'm not familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy previous to this movie, so I wasn't sure of what to expect from the trailer, but I wasn't really expecting that... Are the comic books just as comedic as this? Is this how it's supposed to be, or...? It just didn't feel right. I was expecting epic, not funny. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:24 am

The present Guardians team definitely have a bit more of a light hearted bend to them. Prior to this they were more Marvel's version of the Legion of Superheroes - a futuristic version of the Avengers operating out of the 31st Century being lead by a combination of Wonder Man (Whose powers had the unintentional side effect of making him immortal) and Doctor Strange (Now the Ancient One).

When Marvel revived the team into its present form and set it more on the present day, they took a lot of influence from the TV show Firefly, including the idea of a ragtag bunch of misfits joining forces. I mean, Groot can't communicate in English (or any language for that matter) save for a single phrase ("I am Groot."), which varies in pitch and intensity depending on what he's trying to convey.

My guess is they're going the first Thor route with GoG. Thor also was a slightly light hearted film, to ease audiences into the more fantastic nature of Asgard. With the Marvel Cinematic Universe now opening up their Cosmic playground in anticipation of Thanos for Avengers 3, they're going to ease audiences into it...and the idea of a gun toting, genetically modified Raccoon...by not taking itself so seriously.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Hmm, that does make sense and when you put it like that, I like the sound of it more. Besides, after watching the trailer a few more times since last night, it's certainly growing on me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Scary wrote:
Hmm, that does make sense and when you put it like that, I like the sound of it more. Besides, after watching the trailer a few more times since last night, it's certainly growing on me.

Yay! I am so darn excited; these are characters I have a great deal of fanboy love for and the comic is SO good. My only unfulfilled wish is the Iron Man cameo that is apparently only a rumor; in the comics Iron Man spent quite a long time hanging with the Guardians in space. I don't think that's going to be much of an issue after seeing the trailer; there are at least 3 major characters in this film that weren't even IN the trailer...LOL!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm

http://www.newsarama.com/20359-james-gunn-breaks-down-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer.html
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

It's gonna be EPIC!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Well there's only one thing to say about this trailer:

"I am Groot!" "I am Groot!!" "I AM GROOT!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:49 pm

This is one of the best posters I've seen in ages.

Guardians of the Galaxy 19628110
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 pm

GREAT poster!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 1:42 am

It's an official poster for a real Hollywood movie pretending to be a fan-made parody poster pretending to be a real Hollywoodized poster for a mainstream daptation of an unlikely obscure property!
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:19 am

The Director tweeted a photo awhile back of a old, 60s era dog space suit.

Leading many to suspect Guardians of the Galaxy may at least have a cameo by Cosmo.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Trailer 2 came out today!

Last edited by Cruel Angel on Mon May 19, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Trailer 2 came out today!

Wow....looks SO good.  They have the tone of the book down pat!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:37 pm

I.
Can.
Not.
Wait.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Finally got put on the Marvel channel- :

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:11 pm

The more I see, the more I look forward to this. Seriously, I'm more excited for this than Age of Ultron.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:16 am

Calixar wrote:
The more I see, the more I look forward to this. Seriously, I'm more excited for this than Age of Ultron.

me too if im honest
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Knowhere.

Knowhere is in this film.

*Excited squeeing*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy   Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Rust wrote:
Knowhere.

Knowhere is in this film.

*Excited squeeing*

Supposedly Cosmo has a cameo; complete with spacesuit Smile

Here's hoping this rocks as hard as it looks!
Back to top Go down

Guardians of the Galaxy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next