Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Should the story of the Time War be told?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Should the story of the Time War be told? Empty
PostSubject: Should the story of the Time War be told?   Should the story of the Time War be told? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone told the story of the Time War somehow? That whole gap between 'Night of the Doctor' and 'Day of the Doctor'. I'd like to see more of the War Doctor and the stuff he went through, but I know that's not going to happen on our TV screens.

So I was thinking, perhaps they could tell the story through a Big Finish audio series with John Hurt reprising the role? We'd never be able to see the whole story on screen with John Hurt because, as we know, when he first regenerates his body is still young. The Time War saw a young War Doctor to begin with. The only way we could get the full story is if he was off screen in an audio series. Plus I think John Hurt would be more willing to do a small audio series or two rather than a whole on-screen spin-off series. He's such a big name; he's probably too busy to commit to a whole TV series. But who knows?

Another way I was thinking they could tell the story is through a video game? That'd be awesome. A proper Doctor Who Dalek war game. Razz

But I reckon I'd much prefer an audio series with John Hurt. Well, in fact, the Time War actually begins during McGann's tenure, doesn't it? Only he abstains from the conflict. I wonder then if, since the Big Finish 8th Doctor Adventures are now canon, towards the end of the 8th Doctor audio adventures, the Time War will indeed be involved? Then 'Night of the Doctor' takes place and then John Hurt's Time War series could begin. That would be awesome!!

Of course, in an ideal world I'd like to see a spin off series with McGann to begin with and then John Hurt, but in reality I think the only possibility is an audio series, and I really hope it happens! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Should the story of the Time War be told?   Should the story of the Time War be told? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:24 pm

John Hurt.....in Big Finish?

THAT IS BRILLIANT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Should the story of the Time War be told?   Should the story of the Time War be told? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:53 am

... yeah, and as an audio, I think that'd dispel my one reservation about it... how to depict such things as the Nightmare Child, the Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres led by the Could've Been King, and the Horde of Travesties.

I imagine some of that being a place Faction Paradox could be worked in, or at least implied if there are rights issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Should the story of the Time War be told?
Page 1 of 1