Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! Empty
PostSubject: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/421637/Bill-Nighy-turned-down-the-role-of-Doctor-Who#.Ugl2cfWYqTM.facebook
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 am

Actually, that's a bit of old news. Read about a year or so ago, as I recall, if not longer than that.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 am

Yeah, I recall hearing about that when Vincent and the Doctor aired.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 am

Okay, I wondered from the way he was talking if it was a while back. I stumbled upon it yesterday. Any idea when it was offered to him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I think he was in the running for Ten or Eleven...I want to say Ten, because they make it sound like Matt just knocked it clear out of the park that they didn't even bother with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!   Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Nighy said he wouldn't reveal when he was asked, as he felt it could bring unfair comparisons with the man who eventually got the job (i.e. Mr. Xxxxx wasn't their first choice).

I suspect he was actually up for the part of the Ninth Doctor. Remember, RTD was hoping to land a 'name', presumably to help the show get off to a strong start in the ratings and aid in international sales before they eventually went with Eccleston (who was also considered a 'name'). Also, before Eccleston was announced, Nighy was highly-touted as a favourite in the press and amongst fans.
Back to top Go down

Bill Nighy could have been the Doctor!
Page 1 of 1