17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm

I think it may be peter c....but I really am hoping for ben miller. He left a major role in death in paradise...so I guess I am hoping. I love this wonder time...truthfully do think an older chap this time round...could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Scary wrote:
Misha Collins tweeted earlier:

"Also, in totally unrelated news, i'll have a very exciting announcement tomorrow. Hint: it has something to do with the UK and phone booths."

But if it was him then he wouldn't have been allowed to tweet that, so it's not going to be him. Razz

Isn't he American?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 am

Daniel Rigby's name is coming up a lot again.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 am

Am I the only one who doesn't want an older Doctor? I think it'd be weird to go from the faces of tennant and smith to an older fellow.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 am

Scary wrote:

"Also, in totally unrelated news, i'll have a very exciting announcement tomorrow. Hint: it has something to do with the UK and phone booths."

But if it was him then he wouldn't have been allowed to tweet that, so it's not going to be him. Razz
The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 BQ1LBFYCEAAixoz
Back to top Go down
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:31 am

This link was posted a bit earlier on Facebook.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Welsh-Hero-is-the-Twelveth-Doctor
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:36 am

Isn't whoever it is technically gonna be the 13th Doctor?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:45 am

Ronpur wrote:
Scary wrote:

Isn't he American?

Indeed he is. But as long as you can play the Doctor well, I don't care where you were born!

Invisible Supreme wrote:
Isn't whoever it is technically gonna be the 13th Doctor?

John Hurt doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:35 pm

It's been leaked.

Spoiler:

Look at the posts below this. It seems it is not a leak after all!

Last edited by Scary on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Scary wrote:
It's been leaked.

"The BBC’s official announcement of which actor (or corgi) will be the next to put on the Doctor’s tweed jacket on Doctor Who won’t be until later today, at 2 p.m. EST. But wild, crazed, foaming at the mouth fans already have a good idea of who it might be, based on an accidental URL on the BBC’s website.

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 Bbc-url

If true, Entertainment Wise concludes Aneurin Barnard is the frontrunner play #12, though they’re also careful to add, “[Some] have suggested that the wrong spelling of the world ‘twelfth’ means that it is not a genuine page. It has also been noticed that users can replace that tag in the URL with absolutely anything else and it will still land on the same holding page.” I hope it’s a fake, so the dream of Dogtor Who can live on, for a few more hours at least."

Source: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/the-bbc-mightve-given-the-new-doctor-who-doctor-in-a-url/#ixzz2b1EUxyyC

Plus I've seen the link myself. I'm not happy to be honest. I really wanted an older Doctor. Evil or Very Mad

And if true, thanks for those spoilers there...

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Well, someone pointed this out on FB - you can type anything in after 'articles' in the URL and it will still take you to the same page...see:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/goonie-goo-goo
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Scary wrote:
It's been leaked.

"The BBC’s official announcement of which actor (or corgi) will be the next to put on the Doctor’s tweed jacket on Doctor Who won’t be until later today, at 2 p.m. EST. But wild, crazed, foaming at the mouth fans already have a good idea of who it might be, based on an accidental URL on the BBC’s website.

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 Bbc-url

If true, Entertainment Wise concludes Aneurin Barnard is the frontrunner play #12, though they’re also careful to add, “[Some] have suggested that the wrong spelling of the world ‘twelfth’ means that it is not a genuine page. It has also been noticed that users can replace that tag in the URL with absolutely anything else and it will still land on the same holding page.” I hope it’s a fake, so the dream of Dogtor Who can live on, for a few more hours at least."

Source: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/the-bbc-mightve-given-the-new-doctor-who-doctor-in-a-url/#ixzz2b1EUxyyC

Plus I've seen the link myself. I'm not happy to be honest. I really wanted an older Doctor. Evil or Very Mad

Well, I typed in something goofy after 'articles' in the URL and it will still take you to the same page...see:

Keep up the hope that it's an older actor!!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
And if true, thanks for those spoilers there...

I did say "It's been leaked" at the beginning of my post. If you didn't want to know, you didn't have to keep reading. But anyway, I've spoiler tagged it now.

guvnagrover wrote:
Well, someone pointed this out on FB - you can type anything in after 'articles' in the URL and it will still take you to the same page...see:

Yeah, that's a good point. I just typed in my name and it still came up with the same page. :PSo I'm starting to doubt it greatly now. There is still hope indeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:20 pm

A photographer who photographed the new actor tweeted that "he will be a great Doctor."

So we know it's a he.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Clearly it'll be newborn Prince George of Cambridge. It's the only thing that makes sense. "Nappies are cool!"
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Only three minutes left!!!!
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:10 pm

What an odd set up for this show.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:28 pm

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!!

I so called it!
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Odds-on favorite. I kind of like him, unfamiliar with him outside of his Torchwood and "Fires of Pompeii" appearances.

He kind of looks like a composite of all the previous Doctors, in a weird way.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Very happy with this choice - definitely looking forward to the upcoming series.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Odds-on favorite. I kind of like him, unfamiliar with him outside of his Torchwood and "Fires of Pompeii" appearances.

So it is peter?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Ronpur wrote:
TinDogRory wrote:

So it is peter?

yep
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 pm

What is it with "Fires of Pompeii" and casting? Karen Gillian, Peter Capaldi, heck, even Tracey Childs for Big Finish!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:37 pm

I'd love to see him play it a bit as Pertwee, in the way Matt was doing Troughton. I'm excited about this guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:03 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
What is it with "Fires of Pompeii" and casting? Karen Gillian, Peter Capaldi, heck, even Tracey Childs for Big Finish!

Maybe it was just well cast! LOL
Back to top Go down

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2