Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

spoiler!!!!! 50th someone is coming back!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

spoiler!!!!! 50th someone is coming back!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: spoiler!!!!! 50th someone is coming back!!!!!   spoiler!!!!! 50th someone is coming back!!!!! EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Former Time Lord Tom Baker will return to 'Doctor Who' to mark the show's 50th anniversary.

The 78-year-old actor, who played The Doctor from 1974 to 1981 on BBC One's iconic sci-fi drama, is being lined up to reprise his role in 2013.

A 'Doctor Who' insider told The Daily Express: ''It will be fitting to have Tom back to mark the 50 years. He was a big part of the show's success and is much-loved by the fans.''

Possible storylines are being kept under wraps, but he is likely to join forces with current Time Lord, Matt Smith. Rumours indicate the half century landmark for the long-running show could also be 29-year-old Matt's last.

Fourth doctor Tom - best known in recent years for voicing Matt Lucas and David Walliams' comedy series 'Little Britain' - has previously shunned his association with the programme. He refused to take part in the 20th anniversary special episode in 1983, prompting producers to replace him with a waxwork dummy at the photo call.

This news comes just after Tom complained 'Doctor Who' had ruined his career.

He told The Sun newspaper: ''It essentially killed my career stone dead because I suddenly realised I liked being 'Doctor Who' more than anything that had ever happened to me before.

''So when I went to play Macbeth the audience wanted me to play Macbeth in the style of 'Doctor Who' and naturally I did. I realised then that the people coming to see me didn't want to see me playing Jack the Ripper or whatever it was.''
Back to top Go down

spoiler!!!!! 50th someone is coming back!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: