Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book Empty
PostSubject: Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book   Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:36 am

I got these small scale collectibles made by RUNNING PRESS and they're pretty cool.

The Dalek comes with a mini-book about the Daleks.
The TARDIS comes with a miniature Tardis timeline.

Each figurine is about three inches tall.

The Dalek is not as accurate as CO's 5" Dalek, but still quite good. To be more specific, the upper half of the Dalek seems like it's slightly smaller scale than the bottom half (like 95%, but at this size it's noticiable.)  Also, the skirt balls are slightly flattened, rather than half spheres.  Still, overall, it's pretty cool and combined with the book it's well worth $9.  The book details a number of televised Dalek adventures and has lots of nice pictures (but remember, the pages are three inches... so get your reading glasses!). The Dalek's arm, gun, and eye stalk move, and the dome rotates (with some effort).

The Tardis is really cool!  The light (roof lantern) turns on and stays on via a small switch on the bottom and is quite bright. The windows and sign do not light up, and are just painted onto the blue-moulded plastic (though painted very well). I do wish the windows and sign lit up like the lantern, but I think if they'd done this, the whole toy might have ended up glowing at the seams and looking cheap.
Its scale is good, though somehow it looks a bit 'squat' to me, though this could just be because of the very dark blue coloring.  The booklet that comes with this is a fold out Tardis timeline with notes/anecdotes detailing different adventures and what we've learned bout the Tardis from them (Sentience, Eye of Harmony/power source, HADS, indestrucatability, Relative Dimensions, Idris, etc).

Again, these are not 100% accurate BUT are accurate enough and VERY VERY cool for the $9 price.  They'd make an excellent stocking stuffer for young WHO fans, or a great desk decoration for those of us with limited desk space!  

I highly recommend adding one or both to your next WHONA order!
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book   Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 pm

I wonder how the Dalek looks next to the 3.75" scale Dalek? Any pics from anyone with both? I imagine they've got to be close in size (since presumably the 3.75" would be the Doctor's size and the Dalek a bit shorter... :-)
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book   Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:52 pm

I don't have a 3.75 yet (will in a few days, thanks WhoNA!) and my ability to post pix is limited. I have not net access at home and work blocks most image hosting sites, and does not allow me to upload anything from usb sticks. Sad

Hopefully, next week I can remember to at least post a description when my 3.75's arrive.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book   Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Here's a pic of my mini TARDIS next to a Titan Vinyl TARDIS. They're pretty much the same height.

Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book Photo10
Back to top Go down

Miniture collectible Dalek & Book / Tardis & Book
Page 1 of 1