Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned! Empty
PostSubject: Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!   Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:55 am

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has announced that Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned and is already in the planning stages.

Speaking at the BAFTA Television Awards in London this week, Moffat commented: "This is a thing that just seems to have slipped by... so can I say it very firmly - Series 8 is absolutely, definitely confirmed. It is real and it's happening - it's [taking up] most of my time at the moment."

He added: "I get people telling me [that Series 8 is] not really happening. It really, definitely, honestly is!"

Jenna-Louise Coleman has confirmed that she will return as Clara in Series 8, but Matt Smith's involvement beyond the upcoming 50th anniversary special is uncertain.

Series 7 concludes this weekend with 'The Name of the Doctor' at 7pm on Saturday on BBC One.

Moffat recently told CultBox: "It’d be fair to say ‘the 50th starts here’. It begins. It’s quite a dark episode; it’s quite a serious episode. You’ll start to see the Doctor enter a phase of his life that’s going to change things."
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!   Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:57 am

davro wrote:
You’ll start to see the Doctor enter a phase of his life that’s going to change things."

In the dictionary of Moffat speak, this means "I am changing everything that hasn't already been decimated by my egomaniacal mind!!"

Surely, there isn't anything else that this hack can ruin about a, once loved, masterpiece of science fiction & fantasy??

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!   Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:18 am

Well he has not ruined too much in my book... I don't like the fat Daleks, or Silurian's and now the ponds have gone are were away from a teenage tv soap opera in space things are looking better and better!! Can't say that the Moff has not written some bad episodes but that's been Who since 63... have to take the rough with the smooth!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!   Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:39 am

davro wrote:

It’s quite a dark episode; it’s quite a serious episode.

This is the direction that I'd love Who to take. Getting a bit weary of the teen dream, 90210 direction it's been going down.

Moffat's writing was wonderfully delicious & dark with the addition of the Weeping Angels, Vashta Nerada & the Silence. Some of his stories have been some of NuWho's finest hours.

Take me down this road Steven. Never mind the angst-ridden teen rubbish. There is, more than enough of this bilge on TV already. Save us from it all Steven & take us on a wonderful journey. Go on! You know you can
Back to top Go down

Series 8 has "definitely, honestly" been commissioned!
Page 1 of 1