Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

110 - Meglos Empty
PostSubject: 110 - Meglos   110 - Meglos EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:03 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com Online
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

110 - Meglos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 - Meglos   110 - Meglos EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 pm

"Thanks be to Ti...!!!"  A good one...finally!!!

Although not usually loved by many fans, I thought that this was the best serial since City of Death.

I really liked Tom in his dual roles as the Doctor and as Meglos disguised as the Doctor.  They're played very distinctly, and its cool how the music cues use a few bars of the DW theme when the "proper" Doctor enters a scene to help the viewer distinguish between the two...and of course...the cactus makeup looked great.  Tom as Meglos is actually quite sinister at times, which is unsettling because he looks like our hero!

As far as the production itself goes, I thought the interior and exterior sets were great.  The interiors are detailed and not so cheap-looking, and the exteriors are thick and lush.  They used a new composite camera technique to combine live action actors and models, and I thought the effects looked great.  The actors cast shadows, which otherwise doesn't happen on CSI overlay, and the movements of the two cameras sync up to give a more fluid and realistic movement.  I wish they had continued to use this technique...but they never did again.

Of special note, for the first time ever...a former regular cast member returns to the show playing a new character, in this case...original companion Jaqueline Hill returns to play Lexa...and, of course...she's fantastic.

I thoroughly enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down

110 - Meglos
Page 1 of 1